Thread: Kit options

Default Kit options

Preparing to order my kit in the next month or two. Right now planning on the 3 basic subkits, long range fuel, extended baggage, lighting and strobe, rear seat trim, gap seals, and 3x3 landing gear. Considering AOSS.
    Any options you wish you would have ordered initially and did not? Options that can wait or can't wait until later?
    Thanks!

Default Re: Kit options

Fire extinguisher and pre-cover wiring kit is what I would add to your list. Depending on the flying you plan to do, I would get the HD brakes and bushwheels. You may want to consider upgrading the tail wheel to the 3200. Make sure you get your ELT as well to install before cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post
    Preparing to order my kit in the next month or two. Right now planning on the 3 basic subkits, long range fuel, extended baggage, lighting and strobe, rear seat trim, gap seals, and 3x3 landing gear. Considering AOSS.
    Any options you wish you would have ordered initially and did not? Options that can wait or can't wait until later?
    Thanks!
    Joel -

Good to see you are getting closer. I know we talked the other week. It turns out I will be at the GMAG this year. I will have a yellow carbon cub. Bring your questions with you and we can chat some more. Maybe even bring an order form you can take notes on.

Did you finish that pole barn up?

JB
    Last edited by J2cub; 01-31-2017 at 05:45 PM.
    Jeffery Baber
    Innovation Aircraft Sales
    (844) ACSALES

Thanks Troy, I follow you on You Tube. Awesome build and great videos.
    Hi Jeff, see you at GMAG. Pole barn looking good with just a little bit of wiring to go. Ready for next project. Will be making a grass strip in our field or pasture. Not looking to land in the deep backcountry yet so I don't think I need 31 inch tires, but brake upgrade might be worth it sooner rather than later. I'll make a list.

Joel -

That sounds great. I would just do a 500 x 500 grass area so you can always land into the wind. Also CubCrafters has a really neat configurator on their website now. You can play with different configurations. Check it out:

http://cubcrafters.com/carboncub/ex/configure
    Jeffery Baber
    Innovation Aircraft Sales
    (844) ACSALES

Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post
    Thanks!
    Welcome Joel. You should decide also if you are getting G3X Touch options and lighting options so you can run wires in the wings (lights (right and left?); magnetometer, pitot - AOA, etc.)