Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Garmin Pilot App and G3X Question

Default Re: Garmin Pilot App and G3X Question

Quote Originally Posted by Daveembry View Post
    Thanks Pete. So it seems you have to get separate subscriptions to use both iphone/ipad Garmin Pilot app but.....if you didn't get the subscription for the phone/ipad....you can still Bluetooth it to the G3X when in the plane and get data from it right? In other words, you can use the ipad in the cockpit as another display? (Sorry, I read the 800 page manual a year ago and forgot most of it already. It probably addressed this)
    To the best of my knowledge you have to have separate subscriptions for each device. At least I always have.

It's nice to be able to create flight plans on your iPhone or iPad and transfer them to the G3X. Weeks before picking up my plane at the factory I put most every conceivalble route in my iPad while sitting in my recliner. Simply pick the one you want and transfer it to the G3X. And while blue toothed any change made on the iPad or G3X will prompt you to accept the change on the other device. For example if you decide to proceed direct to a waypoint not in the flight plan on the G3X you will immediatley get a request to accept the change on your iPhone or iPad.

David Morris
    N508DM
    Somerset, KY.

Default Re: Garmin Pilot App and G3X Question

Quote Originally Posted by davidmorris View Post
    To the best of my knowledge you have to have separate subscriptions for each device. At least I always have.

It's nice to be able to create flight plans on your iPhone or iPad and transfer them to the G3X. Weeks before picking up my plane at the factory I put most every conceivalble route in my iPad while sitting in my recliner. Simply pick the one you want and transfer it to the G3X. And while blue toothed any change made on the iPad or G3X will prompt you to accept the change on the other device. For example if you decide to proceed direct to a waypoint not in the flight plan on the G3X you will immediatley get a request to accept the change on your iPhone or iPad.

David Morris
    N508DM
    Somerset, KY.
    Yes I think that's the way it was before they came up with this new "Connects" last year. (See Pete's link in post below). The best I can tell is that you can now purchase a subscription on the G3X (a bundle or something) and it keeps all your devices up to date and synced together. I'm a few weeks from finishing my EX and firing up the G3X but when I get closer will sit down and figure it out completely. It looks like the "bundle" or whatever it is you have to purchase to keep it together is pretty pricey, so may just be better to keep individual subscriptions.