Quote Originally Posted by Daveembry View Post
Thanks Pete. So it seems you have to get separate subscriptions to use both iphone/ipad Garmin Pilot app but.....if you didn't get the subscription for the phone/ipad....you can still Bluetooth it to the G3X when in the plane and get data from it right? In other words, you can use the ipad in the cockpit as another display? (Sorry, I read the 800 page manual a year ago and forgot most of it already. It probably addressed this)
To the best of my knowledge you have to have separate subscriptions for each device. At least I always have.

It's nice to be able to create flight plans on your iPhone or iPad and transfer them to the G3X. Weeks before picking up my plane at the factory I put most every conceivalble route in my iPad while sitting in my recliner. Simply pick the one you want and transfer it to the G3X. And while blue toothed any change made on the iPad or G3X will prompt you to accept the change on the other device. For example if you decide to proceed direct to a waypoint not in the flight plan on the G3X you will immediatley get a request to accept the change on your iPhone or iPad.

David Morris
N508DM
Somerset, KY.