I'm considering putting my CCEX CCK-1865 on floats (Clamar 2180 amphibs) and/or skis. Anyone know if this requires getting back into Phase I? My Special Operating Limitations (in part) state:

“14. After incorporating a major change as described in § 21.93, the aircraft owner is required to reestablish compliance with § 9l.3l9(b) and notify the geographically responsible FSDO of the location of the proposed test area."

Reading paragraph (b)(3) of CFR 21.93, if I understand it correctly, seems to exempt Propeller Land aircrafts reconfigured with floats or skis. Correct?

14 CFR § 21.93
(a) In addition to changes in type design specified in paragraph (b) of this section, changes in type design are classified as minor and major. A “minor change” is one that has no appreciable effect on the weight, balance, structural strength, reliability, operational characteristics, or other characteristics affecting the airworthiness of the product. All other changes are “major changes” (except as provided in paragraph (b) of this section).

(b) For the purpose of complying with Part 36 of this chapter, and except as provided in paragraphs (b)(2), (b)(3), and (b)(4) of this section, any voluntary change in the type design of an aircraft that may increase the noise levels of that aircraft is an “acoustical change” (in addition to being a minor or major change as classified in paragraph (a) of this section) for the following aircraft:

(3) Propeller driven commuter category and small airplanes in the primary, normal, utility, acrobatic, transport, and restricted categories, except for airplanes that are:

(i) Designated for “agricultural aircraft operations” (as defined in § 137.3 of this chapter, effective January 1, 1966) to which § 36.1583 of this chapter does not apply, or

(ii) Designated for dispensing fire fighting materials to which § 36.1583 of this chapter does not apply, or

(iii) U.S. registered, and that had flight time prior to January 1, 1955 or

(iv) Land configured aircraft reconfigured with floats or skis. This reconfiguration does not permit further exception from the requirements of this section upon any acoustical change not enumerated in § 21.93(b).