Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Do I Need to Install Before Covering?

Default Re: What Do I Need to Install Before Covering?

No, that is NOT the right place. Check out my post #13 here http://forum.cubcrafters.com/showthr...light=EX3+tips

That predrilled area is for the factory installed ADHRS. You want to go to bay 5. The post explains with photos.

Quote Originally Posted by karaka29211 View Post
    Thanks, Those pre-drilled holes look like those between ribs 6 and 7 on the EX2.
    Is there a standard location in the wing manual for the pitot head?
    The pneumatic tube is shown to terminate between ribs 4 and 5 in photo 186 on page 137 of the wing manual, adjacent to the wing strut support.
    Cheers
    Last edited by Daveembry; 08-05-2019 at 04:25 AM.
    Dave Embry
    "You only live once.......but if you do it right.........once is enough."..

Seen your post #13, do those comments for the EX3 also apply to the EX2 as it my case?
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveembry View Post
    No, that is NOT the right place. Check out my post #13 here http://forum.cubcrafters.com/showthr...light=EX3+tips

That predrilled area is for the factory installed ADHRS. You want to go to bay 5. The post explains with photos.

Yes the pitot tubes on EX2 and EX3 mount the same. The post is showing the pitot and bracket for the Garmin pitot not the Dynon so I’m not sure they are the same or not?

Quote Originally Posted by karaka29211 View Post
    Seen your post #13, do those comments for the EX3 also apply to the EX2 as it my case?
    Dave Embry

Does anyone have pictures or would you be able to describe if the blue and green pitot tubes from the pitot bracket run inside the spar channel in the fuel tank bay or just above the bottom channel? I am thinking that when I install the leading edge skins that the tubes could get in the way of the rivets. But, if I install it too high with silicone, then it may interfere with the fuel tanks.

yes that is shown in the Executive Glass Manual. It does go above that inside channel of the front spar until it comes out of the fuel bay areas. Then you will see they go up into the lower holes in the fronts of the last 2 center ribs before the pitot bracket. You install 2 rubber grommets as shown (-19’s I think). They don’t interfere with the fuel tanks

Quote Originally Posted by garick View Post
    Does anyone have pictures or would you be able to describe if the blue and green pitot tubes from the pitot bracket run inside the spar channel in the fuel tank bay or just above the bottom channel? I am thinking that when I install the leading edge skins that the tubes could get in the way of the rivets. But, if I install it too high with silicone, then it may interfere with the fuel tanks.
    Dave Embry

Quote Originally Posted by Daveembry View Post
    yes that is shown in the Executive Glass Manual. It does go above that inside channel of the front spar until it comes out of the fuel bay areas. Then you will see they go up into the lower holes in the fronts of the last 2 center ribs before the pitot bracket. You install 2 rubber grommets as shown (-19’s I think). They don’t interfere with the fuel tanks
    Thanks as always. You are correct on the -19's.