Last month I tacked a few extra days onto a business trip to Portland Oregon. The meetings ended on a Wednesday, so I had arranged to rent a Sport Cub S2 from Twin Oaks Airpark on that Thursday (What a blast, more on that adventure later!). On Friday I drove to the CC factory in Yakima with my brother (he lives in Portland) to look at some of the used inventory. We also saw the XCub in person, several actually, for the first time. THANK YOU to California Cubs (Ben) for setting it up, and also to the crew at the factory for a fantastic day. Sadly, with low ceilings and a misty overcast, my iPhone XCub pictures left a bit to be desired, as in, not worth sharing.

This past weekend I took a press pass and my camera gear to the Flying Aviation Expo in Palm Springs, and met John Hodges and N508XC under the clear blue skies of this static aviation expo. I shot several pictures of the show before it opened, and a walkaround video of the XCub with my Canon 80D. She's a tad bit out of my price range, but an amazing and beautiful airplane to see up close.

Here's the short HD video of the XCub taken just before John arrived:

...and some pics of all of the planes from the day, all shot before the show opened (no people around!), XCub pics are near the middle:

Flying Aviation Expo 2016

Enjoy! (and of course, make sure to view on YouTube in full-screen 1080 HD)

Larry.