Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Broken fuel line at gascolator

Default Re: Broken fuel line at gascolator

Quote Originally Posted by Daveembry View Post
    can a poly line not be used instead of rigid copper? There must be a reason or I guess they would have designed it that way.
    I am just going to cap fuel strainer and leave the tubing in place. Looks like you could always sump some fuel into the fuel sampler, then suck the fuel from the sampler to prime the engine, if it was necessary. Checked my CC this morning, very easy to reach up to the fuel strainer area from the bottom of the cowl. Don't see any reason to leave the priming line attached to the fuel system all the time. Just something else to leak forward and aft of the firewall.
    Bob Anderson, CC11-00435, N94RA

Quote Originally Posted by turbopilot View Post
    I am just going to cap fuel strainer and leave the tubing in place. Looks like you could always sump some fuel into the fuel sampler, then suck the fuel from the sampler to prime the engine, if it was necessary. Checked my CC this morning, very easy to reach up to the fuel strainer area from the bottom of the cowl. Don't see any reason to leave the priming line attached to the fuel system all the time. Just something else to leak forward and aft of the firewall.

Make sure the tubing is also capped or that will be an intake leak.
    Pete Dougherty
    Customer Support Manager
    Cub Crafters Inc

Quote Originally Posted by Pete D View Post
    Make sure the tubing is also capped or that will be an intake leak.
    Thanks Pete. Had that happen with plunger not locked down. With plunger locked down is there path open through the plumbing to the cylinder?
    Bob Anderson, CC11-00435, N94RA

Quote Originally Posted by turbopilot View Post
    Thanks Pete. Had that happen with plunger not locked down. With plunger locked down is there path open through the plumbing to the cylinder?

You are correct, as long as the primer is in and locked there is no path for air to go to the cylinder. I didn't think all the way through the system on that.
    Pete Dougherty
    Customer Support Manager
    Cub Crafters Inc