Thread: Using Polybrush after mixing. Can you?

Default Using Polybrush after mixing. Can you?

Question: One you reduce 3-1 the brush with reducer, how long can you store that mixed like that? I thought I'd mix a gallon at a time but not sure if that works OK or not.

Default Re: Using Polybrush after mixing. Can you?

I may not an expert, but based on my experience I would mix it daily as needed. I found that a mixed batch may last a few days but gets thicker over time. I always spray fresh mixes.

Quote Originally Posted by ceslaw View Post
    I may not an expert, but based on my experience I would mix it daily as needed. I found that a mixed batch may last a few days but gets thicker over time. I always spray fresh mixes.
    OK good. Right now I'm just covering and taping so wont be spraying it yet. I just hated tossing out leftover out each session so at least I know I can keep it for a couple days anyway just for the leftover. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveembry View Post
    OK good. Right now I'm just covering and taping so wont be spraying it yet. I just hated tossing out leftover out each session so at least I know I can keep it for a couple days anyway just for the leftover. Thanks.
    Call poly fiber. They are really helpful

I used 4 ounce specimen containers from Wicks. Graduation marks make measuring easy. A small batch was good for a session putting down tapes. Sealable lid if you need to take a break. Any leftovers will be small and discarded at end of day. Next day make a fresh batch. I think I posted more info on my build blog

Quote Originally Posted by ceslaw View Post
    I used 4 ounce specimen containers from Wicks. Graduation marks make measuring easy. A small batch was good for a session putting down tapes. Sealable lid if you need to take a break. Any leftovers will be small and discarded at end of day. Next day make a fresh batch. I think I posted more info on my build blog
    Yes you did and based on that, I also got and am using them now but I've only used them for the Polytak since they are so small. I used about 10 oz of mixed brush for just 1 stabilizer so I thought I might mix up a little more at a time but I suppose they (or a quart container) would work. I just didnt know if it went bad after a short period of time.

I cleaned a cup with MEK and left the brush in it. The cup was empty except for an 1/8th of brush sediment in the bottom of the cup the next morning! Man that stuff evaporates fast!

Easy fix for your troubles....Stewart Systems LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by TroyBranch View Post
    Easy fix for your troubles....Stewart Systems LOL.
    next one!!

Just as an update, I did mix up about a pint with the reducer and then kept it airtight. I would then just shake it up good and put a small amount in the small specimen cups (careful, they are so small they will tip over with the brush in it...don't as me how I know) and it keeps it nice and fresh and you aren't mixing all the time. Polyfiber people said it would keep indefinitely after mixing.
    Last edited by Daveembry; 10-13-2016 at 12:10 PM.