Thread: Where do you buy your parts?

Default Where do you buy your parts?

Everyone,

Where do you buy your parts? Things like washers, nylon clamps, rivets etc. etc.

I have bought through Aircraft Spruce but they don't always have everything (e.g. black nylon straps 9/16", NAS 1515H3L nylon washers - for Chucks's window rattle fix). Or am I not searching their site correctly?

Thank you,

David

Default Re: Where do you buy your parts?

Quote Originally Posted by David H View Post
    Everyone,

Where do you buy your parts? Things like washers, nylon clamps, rivets etc. etc.

I have bought through Aircraft Spruce but they don't always have everything (e.g. black nylon straps 9/16", NAS 1515H3L nylon washers - for Chucks's window rattle fix). Or am I not searching their site correctly?

Thank you,

David
    Home Depot, Lowes hardware, Ace Hardware or any good hardware store in your area has much of that kind of stuff.
    Steve Dentz
    N419LD
    Carnation, WA

McMaster Carr has a really well laid out website and an amazing selection of hardware store type stuff.

http://www.mcmaster.com/
    Pete Dougherty
    Customer Support Manager
    Cub Crafters Inc

Quote Originally Posted by Pete D View Post
    McMaster Carr has a really well laid out website and an amazing selection of hardware store type stuff.

http://www.mcmaster.com/
    Unlike Lowe's and HD's Chinese junk you will typically find better quality at McMaster Carr.

Quote Originally Posted by David H View Post
    Everyone,

Thank you,

David
    Dave

Everything needed for the window rattle fix should be in the parts left over in the totes except the black nylon straps. I got them at True Value, keeping in mind they are non critical and pretty generic. Otherwise I used Wicks, which is only 100 miles away or Aircraft Spruce. I generally avoided non aircraft suppliers.

Chuck