Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: FX

Default FX

My first time to the forum.

I am schedule in late jan of 2017 to hang out at Cub Crafters for a week while i participate in the Fx's 51% builder assist program. I have some questions to all of you who have participated in the program and for those of you who have not please jump in also.

To begin with I have three questions:

•I plan to select the world VFR panel. However instead of the normal Jury strut Pitot I would like to install a heated pitot tube that resides in the wing, the same one they install for the Executive Glass Touch Panel Can it be done????

•I have done some research on Batteries. I am aware that I can upgrade to the Odyssey 680 batt which is additional weight. However I would like to install an ETX Lithium Battery model # ETX680C. The batt only weighs 3.9 lb which is a fraction of the weight as compared to the Odyssey 680 batt. And it has much more cranking power. pulse cranking amps= 680 and cold cranking amps = 320.

• what is the normal batt that cub crafters puts in their aircraft if you have not chosen to upgrade to their Odyssey 680?

Thanks all for any input.

Slow Flight

Default Re: FX

Slow,

Welcome!!

It will be fun to watch your journey through the FX “build”.
    Others on this forum are much more knowledgable than I on batteries, as always “search” is your friend.
    CC, specifically Mitch, is a critically valuable, and very approachable resource to those of us building.

Please post often of your FX experience.

David

Balfour,Southland, South Island, New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by David H View Post
    Slow,

Welcome!!

It will be fun to watch your journey through the FX “build”.
    Others on this forum are much more knowledgable than I on batteries, as always “search” is your friend.
    CC, specifically Mitch, is a critically valuable, and very approachable resource to those of us building.

Please post often of your FX experience.

David
    Mitch is the man, an invaluable and integral part of the EX build, as I, and I'm sure all in the programme can vouch for...

Congratulations on your new CCFX. I just returned fri the 16th of sept from my week with Max Platz and the FX program. I really had a great time. It was very organized and it was a busy time as there is a lot of parts to build. You will learn a lot about the CC. It really shows that cubcrafters has put a lot of effort into the program. You will meet the craftsman that work at the various locations around the Yakma airport. They take pride in there work and it shows. I was very impress with the attention to detail they all had in there work. They are patient in helping YOU build your parts that are required to do to complete the program. Your success is there goal. I am very glad I did the program. Totally happy, can't wait to see my new CC. Good luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm looking at the Carbon Cub FX vs Carbon Cub SS in my future hangar. Besides the days helping the build, what are the advantages/disadvantages of the FX vs. SS? Costs look about the same to me, but I'm sure I'm missing something. Thoughts?

Nozz
    Snoqualmie, WA

Quote Originally Posted by Nozz View Post
    I'm looking at the Carbon Cub FX vs Carbon Cub SS in my future hangar. Besides the days helping the build, what are the advantages/disadvantages of the FX vs. SS? Costs look about the same to me, but I'm sure I'm missing something. Thoughts?

Nozz
    Snoqualmie, WA
    Contact your local dealer,he can walk you through the specifics but a big one is certified gross weight.

SS=Light Sport, GW 1320
    FX=Experimental Amateur Built, GW 1865

Local CSCs contact info can be found here:

http://www.cubcrafters.com/csc
    Pete Dougherty
    Customer Support Manager
    Cub Crafters Inc

Nozz,

The FX has quite a few standard options that are upgrades on the SS. The FX is equipped with G-Series Ailerons and Flaps. These refined control surfaces make the ailerons very light and a pleasure to fly. The flaps are the first truly slotted flaps that we have offered as a factory option. The FX comes standard with 3x3 Ext HD landing gear, 3200-type steerable tailwheel, Long Range fuel tanks, extended baggage (with reverse dogleg), and the LED Lighting and Strobe Package with Right Landing Light. Plus, you have the flexibility to certify the aircraft with a gross weight of 1320 or 1865.
    Max Platts
    Builder Assist Program Coordinator
    CubCrafters

Nozz,

Are you in Texas or Washington? I'd be happy to visit with you about the FX. My current demo is a FX.
    Mike Sasser
    Boomerang Air
    mike@boomerangair.net

OK,AR,TX,LA
    www.cubcrafters.com

Quote Originally Posted by ATXCubDriver View Post
    Nozz,

Are you in Texas or Washington? I'd be happy to visit with you about the FX. My current demo is a FX.
    Oh man, that's such an incredible offer. We moved last year to Snoqualmie, WA, and apparently I forgot to update my info here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nozz View Post
    Oh man, that's such an incredible offer. We moved last year to Snoqualmie, WA, and apparently I forgot to update my info here.
    Come on over to the factory, we're almost in your backyard!
    Randy Lervold