Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Backcountry toolkit suggestions

Default Re: Backcountry toolkit suggestions

Here is a link to the fuel safe duct tape:

http://catalog.berryplastics.com/pro...e/adhesiv54231

Available from Berry Plastics, it is made by Polyken (not 3M) and it is called "Polyken 231 premium grade military duct tape". Comes in dab olive or black. Be sitting down when you go to buy it, it ain't cheap.

JP
    Jon Payne
    C-Cub SS N159JC
    Extra 300LP N25JX

Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    Yeh, our quiet little Agua Dulce airport gets pretty busy during the fire season with all the firefighting helicopters.

Hopefully we can schedule Rumble III this next year - lots of fun. And we need to add a new competition category for Rumble III - SPEED.

About emergency vests, you might also look at Doug Ritter's site for his vest ideas. I've met Doug a few times, and he really puts a lot of thought into survival and survival gear. If I ever crash in the wilderness I want to do it with Doug!

About backcountry toolkits, my toolkit has duct tape and wire, the usual small tools, a nice hatchet, and an airplane fastener kit (screws, etc.). With previous airplanes I got out of a couple of tough spots in Mexico with duct tape and wire (one with wire, one with duct tape). The toolbox is an old Sears plastic toolbox, but I've been looking for something softer that would ride better in turbulence, maybe a soft camera bag.

Chuck,
    I have this bag in my other aircraft and it is very well made. Several options on size:

https://www.amazon.com/Bucket-Boss-6.../dp/B00GK4TOM0

highly recommended.
    David

Quote Originally Posted by David H View Post
    Chuck,
    I have this bag in my other aircraft and it is very well made. Several options on size:

https://www.amazon.com/Bucket-Boss-6.../dp/B00GK4TOM0

highly recommended.
    David
    Thanks David. My pathetic searching for a soft tool bag had flopped, but both you and Kyle came up with good suggestions. Much appreciated. And I just ordered a Bucket-Boss from Amazon!

Chuck
    Chuck Hull
    L70 Agua Dulce, CA

Another great source of Survival vest information is from Survival vest philosophy by Greg Hren/BushwagonEast.com.
    on the backcountrypilot.org web site.

On another note: does any CC driver out there use the action packer containers? if so, what size fits best in the extended baggage
    compartment?? Thought I'd try to get an answer here prior to opening up a new Forum topic. THANKS!