Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Curious Beginner

Woodland Park, Colorado (currently in Afghanistan)

Default Re: A Curious Beginner

Thanks for the information Geo, it's a great help. I've been to your site a few times, very nice. I enjoyed the photos and soaked up the information. Is that you on the drag bike?

I have a good friend back in Colorado that fly’s and is always looking for a way to own an aircraft. I think this would be a good way for the two of us to join forces, split the costs and fly more.

You guys are living the dream I have had for many years. Do you need someone to sweep the floors? Maybe someday, maybe someday.

Be cool, be safe, be on target.
    Michael

Michael,

split ownership can work well and its an idea. Just come by here and it would be my pleasure to take you for a demo ride and show some of the AZ country. When will you be returning to the states?

Well, I'm hoping to do this contractor thing for a few more years and then stay home and do something I love. Like a quality control man for a hammock and/or fishing pole company. But most of all, I would like to get back to flying, some how, some way. If my friend and I can make a deal and share an aircraft it would allow me to build time towards a possible position flying for an outfit. We'll see. I need to put together everything I've been learning from guys like you and articles I've read and send it to him. I guess it would be an aircraft partnership proposal.

Right now I'm scheduled to return to Colorado the first week of June. For how long before I have to come back over here I don't know yet. Then I'm going to take about a month off and split that time between catching salmon near Kenai Alaska, laying on the beach with my girl in Mexico and visiting family in ID, WA and AZ. So be careful about the demo flight offer in AZ. My sister lives in Vail and my mother lives in Apache Junction. You will be seeing me.

Michael

Hey buddy,

it will be my pleasure to share my sport cub with you but remember during the summer I will be back in the Northwest till late september. Either way and where ever I am the offer stands!

Is there anything else I/we can help you with in finding the right sport cub for you and your friend? What options do you prefer, remember we can always add certain options with the exception of the type of panel.

Are you a current pilot? if not will you need a flight review? Tailwheel endorsement?

Be safe,

Geo

Geo,

No worries. When I come back to the states one of the trips will be to go see a couple of sister-in-laws in Marysville north of Seattle. We will more than likely be coming up I-5. So if you're back in Tacoma, we'll stop by.

My girl is the one that does the books for the family and I will need to put together a numbers sheet for her and my buddy on what it will take to purchase and maintain the Cub. I've already been laying the ground work for that. I've had a look at the order form and added a few items to the standard Cub. A ballpark figure that I came up with was about 185K. If I could, I'd like to ask you a few questions off forum.

Before a trip to Iraq in '09, I was getting back into currency in a 182RG. Well, deploying to Iraq put a stop to that and when I returned; I was only home about 6 months and then back to Iraq. So it’s been a little hard to keep current. I would need a tail wheel endorsement as well. The two men that run Peak Aviation Center in Colorado Springs, www.cospilot.com, have been great. When I return this time I’m going to get back into it. I’ll need to make an agreement with my company that I will only make four month rotations over here with four to six months home in between. We'll have to see how that goes. Wish me luck.

Michael

Mike,

You can email me at george@couleeairservices.com for off forum questions . It appears you are considering ordering a new carbon cub rather than a used sport cub? That's awesome as the carbon cub is the ultimate back country LSA cub! I recommend you contact your Colorado CC representative
    Pete Vinton
    303.870.2260 - phone
    sales@rockymountaincubs.com

He will be invaluable help with your decision process. Pete, may be able to help with your TW endorsement also. If need be I can also help with the TW.