Thread: A Curious Beginner

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default A Curious Beginner

Hello Everyone,

My name is Josh Baird. Alaska is where I was first introduced to the Super Cub when I began hiring an amazing bush pilot, Rich, to fly me into and drop me off deep inside of Alaskan wilderness. I have been serving our country in the United States Air Force since 2003 and have been stationed at Elmendorf AFB, Alaska for the last six years. Although I grew up in Oregon, Alaska is now my home. I absolutely love living there!

I began ground school and logged two hours of flight training summer of 2003 and then joined the Air Force shortly after beginning. Ironically, I did not continue the flight training. My Air Force career is migrating into flying duty this fall as I begin Aerial Gunner school for the HH-60G and/or the AC-130, yes I volunteered for this and I am really stoked about it! I have a renewed desire to finish the PPL over the next 6-8 months after I return from being deployed.

I am considering purchasing a CubCrafters aircraft once I have completed my PPL this fall/winter. I think CubCrafters has a very clean and sharp looking airplane that shows a lot of potential, especially for my desired use.

It only makes sense to jump in with experienced aviators, hobbyist, mechanics and locals when considering such a purchase, and lifestyle for that matter. Being the novice, beginner, newbie, inexperienced guy that I am, my question to the members of this forum is simple. I do not want to turn an experienced forum into anything other than its current members desire.

Is there anybody here willing to mentor me through the consideration process of buying and flying a CubCrafter airplane?

Thank you all for your time,

Josh
    Last edited by flybybardo; 05-27-2010 at 07:07 PM.