Thread: Bungee Buddy

Default Bungee Buddy

I got hold of the Stewart's Bungee Buddy to load my bungee cords, but there seems to be a few issues.

The draw bolt doesn't have enough draw to line up the 'ears' of the hydrosorb with the cups on the frame. It needs about another 0.25" of draw. I think a revised coupling may be able to achieve that. Has anyone tried that?

They suggest that the wider ears go at the draw bolt end, but on the units I have the narrower ears are too narrow to fit inside the cups. Reversing it so that the ears on the loose cap end go into the cups seems to be the only way.

If anyone has successfully used the Stewart's tool, I'd appreciate any tips.

Thanks,

Mark

Default Re: Bungee Buddy

Mark
    I’m at the point where I need to do my bungees. Were you able to take care of the problems with the Bungee Buddy? What changes did you need to make? Also, did you rent or buy the Buddy?
    Thanks, Ken

I got it to work fine. I drilled another hole in the coupling and reversed the orientation.

You can borrow mine if you can get it from/to Hayward CA.

Mark,
    Thanks for your kind offer, but I have found someone nearby who will install them for me.
    Thanks,
    Ken