Thread: Lean manufacturing cycle clock

Default Lean manufacturing cycle clock

I've been watching my plane being built and I've noticed (or think I've noticed) the cycle clock will stop but people still appear to be working. I'm fairly familiar with lean manufacturing principals but I'm just curious how the cycle clock system at CC works.

As a customer I love the webcam system but as the saying goes, no good deed goes unpunished. More insight begs for more questions

Default Re: Lean manufacturing cycle clock

Quote Originally Posted by Jon P View Post
    I've been watching my plane being built and I've noticed (or think I've noticed) the cycle clock will stop but people still appear to be working. I'm fairly familiar with lean manufacturing principals but I'm just curious how the cycle clock system at CC works.

As a customer I love the webcam system but as the saying goes, no good deed goes unpunished. More insight begs for more questions
    Jon, mine is right behind yours - it should pop up soon. Nice colors on your CC.
    Chuck Hull
    L70 Agua Dulce, CA

Hi Chuck,

The webcam is a great idea. It's a fun way to vicariously begin to enjoy your new toy. Now I know your's is behind mine, I can have fun watching your's come to life as well. The down side is the webcam is becoming my second iPhone. I can't stop checking it every 5 minutes. Maybe time for therapy

JP

Jon, you've got wings! What it the expected delivery date?
    Chuck Hull
    L70 Agua Dulce, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    Jon, you've got wings! What it the expected delivery date?
    August 31st, assuming it keeps moving forward. 413 had some redo stuff.
    How did you do with the fires? I think you said you are based near Agua Dulce.

How did you do with the fires? I think you said you are based near Agua Dulce.
    Fires! We had lots of fire activity with the Sand Fire. We had to evacuate our home in Sand Canyon on July 23, and moved to a second house we have down the way in Fair Oaks. Unfortunately the fire backed up and we had to evacuate there on July 24. We have a couple of big German Shepherds that aren't Motel 6 friendly, but we have some good friends in Santa Monica that volunteered to look after them, and we spent the duration of the fire at a nice hotel in Santa Monica.

There were several homes destroyed in Sand Canyon and one person killed, but our neighborhood and our home were okay.

The fire stayed south of Agua Dulce. The airport was shut down to the public and used as a fire fighting helicopter base. This is a normal thing for L70, it is used as a fire fighting base whenever there are big fires in the area (and part of the reason the County is glad to support the continued operation of the airport.)
    Chuck Hull
    L70 Agua Dulce, CA

Wow, that was pretty disruptive. I'm glad to hear everything turned out okay. I knew you lived up in that area. My primary home is on a hill in Calabasas so I had a pretty good view of the smoke from my back yard.

Your XCub shouldn't be too far behind my CC. I hope your plane doesn't get too caught up in the engineering change order catch up process. Watching the webcam those XCubs (I could be looking at the same one) look like they're tethered to the shop. Like a boomerang they seem to leave and come back.

JP

Your XCub shouldn't be too far behind my CC. I hope your plane doesn't get too caught up in the engineering change order catch up process. Watching the webcam those XCubs (I could be looking at the same one) look like they're tethered to the shop. Like a boomerang they seem to leave and come back.
    I'm right behind you, scheduled for September 8. There could be some post delivery time in the hospital, hopefully just a week or so.
    Chuck Hull
    L70 Agua Dulce, CA

looks like Mr Hull has a vroom box. Wings by the end of the week and she'll be looking like a proper XCub.

JP