Thread: Took two years. (Almost)

Default Took two years. (Almost)

In 2014 at OSH I met John Hodges (California Cubs) while looking around at 'Husky' type airplanes. 5 weeks ago I flew my new (to me) 2013 Carbon Cub home from Santa Maria to Northern Nevada. Since then I've got almost 40 hours in the plane and look forward to a lot more.

Many thanks to John for the hospitality (I had to pull the check out of his hand one night so I could buy dinner) and to Ben for spending the time in the plane with me so I was comfortable enough to fly off on my own and start the learning process for this 'new' way of flying. You guys are both great.

I see lots of options nowdays. Flying around this past month I look down and think either 'I could land there' or 'one day with more experience, I could land there'. Looking forward to meeting up with other CC owners in this area (I know there at least 2) for some fun flights.

As as a final note, I've come up with a new saying. You have heard the saying about it's all fun and games until someone looses an eye. My new spin on that is it's all fun and games until you land on a dirt road on the Nevada/California border and get cow poop all over the airplane. (Must have missed it on the low pass) 😀

Default Re: Took two years. (Almost)

[QUOTE=NevadaBill;
    As as a final note, I've come up with a new saying. You have heard the saying about it's all fun and games until someone looses an eye. My new spin on that is it's all fun and games until you land on a dirt road on the Nevada/California border and get cow poop all over the airplane. (Must have missed it on the low pass) 😀[/QUOTE]

That cow poop is tough to get off once it's dried!! Congratulations on the new airplane Bill!!

Michael

Congratulations, Bill! Great expression!

If you ever get down towards Arizona in the winter, please look me up. We have quite a strong Carbon Cub group growing down there!

And.... John and Ben and I need to organize "Rumble in the Desert" Part 3 once the weather starts to cool down again..... We had a great time for the first two.

Rick

Rick Bosshardt
    SunCountry Cubs
    CubCrafters Dealer for AZ/NM/UT/CO/southern WY
    www.suncountrycubs.com

Congrats and great story...I hope to tell my own version one day. Must have been a thrill flying her home.

Larry.

Thanks all

Quote Originally Posted by Cubrath View Post
    That cow poop is tough to get off once it's dried!!

Michael
    Made it look (and smell) like a 'real' back country plane but a little water and a slight bit of elbow grease did the trick. 😀

Rick - I've read about some of the exploits down that way. Some time in the Arizona/Southern Utah back country is definatly on the bucket list. I look forward to making that happen. I imagine Ben will keep me in the loop on the 'rumble'. Will have to figure out if I would fly for the California team, the Arizona team or make up a new Nevada team. I am in Prescott for a weekend about every other month or so. One of these trips when time allows, I'll hop down to say hi.

Larry - keep up the flying and it will happen for you.

Not the first time cow poop's been all over that airplane, Bill. Cleans up like new. That's a feature of the Carbon Cub urethane paint -- cow poop resistant.

We're looking forward to flying adventures with you in the Nevada outback.