Thread: Carbon Cub Flying in New Zealand

Cool Carbon Cub Flying in New Zealand

I recently went on a once-in-a-lifetime family vacation to New Zealand, and it was simply spectacular! Having grown up in Switzerland I am used to breathtaking scenery, but what we found in the South Island was truly amazing!

I was very fortunate to have met Bruce Clulow at Oshkosh last year, and found out that he is a Carbon Cub owner, and lives in Wanaka, New Zealand. He kindly offered to take me for a flight when we visited, and with special permission from my wife and family, I spent a day of our vacation with Bruce... and WOW was it fantastic!

In the space of a few hours flight time, we went from mountain peaks and glaciers, to steep rain forest valleys with cascading waterfalls and perfectly flat sand bars, to ocean beaches and secluded hide-a-way grass strips.... overwhelming!

I attempted to put together a video of the flight, and have posted it to my YouTube channel, "SunCountry Cubs".

Here is the link to the video, and with this I urge anyone who is looking for a fantastic vacation spot to consider New Zealand! (This is the "short" version... the full length version can be found on my YouTube Channel).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdY0TQsrnrk

ENJOY!

Rick

Rick Bosshardt
    SunCountry Cubs
    CubCrafters Dealer for AZ/NM/UT/CO/southern WY
    www.suncountrycubs.com

Default Re: Carbon Cub Flying in New Zealand

Neat video!!! Thanks for sharing, Rick.

Chip Allen

SWT Aviation, Inc.
    Cubcrafters Southeast Sales Center
    Marietta, GA

Thank you for a great video, pretty much jaw-dropping scenery everywhere. There is probably only one excuse I could use with my family to break away from vacation for a day, a ride in a CC over NZ would probably be it...I can hope!

Larry.

The airstrip at Wanaka is a fascinating place with really interesting people, for any aviation buffs who happen to be traveling around the south island.