Well, I guess its apparent that the Sport Cub is no longer manufactured, the carbon cub having made the sport cub obsolete. As you know the only real difference between the sport cub and the carbon cub is 80hp. The performance of the Carbon Cub is absolutely amazing and a blast to fly. However don't sell the sport cub short, you can still do almost anything the Carbon Cub can do if aviated properly.

When Cubcrafters first started manufacturing LSAs a friend of mine bought Sport Cub S1 serial #6, N787AK in 2007, one of the first sport cubs built. Completing his sport pilot certificate in the fall of 2007 in 7AK and went on to log over 1300 hours tach time by 2013.

In the summer of 2010, my friend attended a super cub STOL fly-in at Concrete WA with Tom Hanni and Tom's sport cub. The two were and still are really good friends and flew together often with Tom sharing his knowledge of in-trail and formation flying. The super cub drivers cajoled my friend and Tom to compete in the STOL contest. The super cub guys commenced to take out the back seats, remove fuel making them light as possible but my friend and Tom knew nothing of this as this would be their first time ever competing in a STOL contest.

The hot rod 180hp super cubs went first and the best take off was 110 feet which really wowed everyone. Now keep in mind that neither my friend nor Tom ever competed STOL before but my friend commenced to pull off a 55' take off and Tom performed a 85' takeoff with Tom getting the overall with a great landing! The super cub guys shook their heads and Cubcrafters was smiling.

Here is a video of that 55' take off filmed by Pete Dougherty of Cubcrafters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDRYOwqhvZM

I really believe the used Sport Cubs are a great buy and still great flyers!