Thread: Electrical issue Sport Cub

Lightbulb Electrical issue Sport Cub

After I came in this afternoon and shut down, the over volt/under volt light started glowing and got brighter as I got out of the cockpit. I cycled the master and it did the same thing. I popped all the circuit breakers and turned the master on again. Once again the light would go off with master on and the when the master is turned off, start glowing and get brighter. I reset all the circuit breakers and cycled the master several more times and it finally stayed off. Battery indicates 12.6 volts. Any suggestions as to cause? Master solenoid?

Default Re: Electrical issue Sport Cub

I would start by taking a look at the alternator fuse holders, see if there is any issue there. There is a Service Bulletin covering these parts.

http://www.cubcrafters.com/technical...ations/30/view

Also, inspect the connectors or pigtail crimps on the voltage regulator in that area. Sometimes a loose crimp can buildup resistance, then heat, and that can cause issues.

And per this SB: http://www.cubcrafters.com/technical...ations/10/view It is an Over Voltage light

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by ncshp View Post
    After I came in this afternoon and shut down, the over volt/under volt light started glowing and got brighter as I got out of the cockpit. I cycled the master and it did the same thing. I popped all the circuit breakers and turned the master on again. Once again the light would go off with master on and the when the master is turned off, start glowing and get brighter. I reset all the circuit breakers and cycled the master several more times and it finally stayed off. Battery indicates 12.6 volts. Any suggestions as to cause? Master solenoid?
    Pete Dougherty
    Customer Support Manager
    Cub Crafters Inc