Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 52

Thread: On the home stretch.

  1. #11
    Senior Member ceslaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Carterville, IL
    Posts
    384

    Default Re: On the home stretch.

    Another observation. Looking at those pics, the side windows don't look bad without the red trim paint. With the strong black paint scheme, seeing the frame members through the glass looks good. Of course I am sure it would look good with the red trim painted as well. Just a thought

    Chuck

  2. #12
    Senior Member TroyBranch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Posts
    278

    Default Re: On the home stretch.

    Quote Originally Posted by ceslaw View Post
    Another observation. Looking at those pics, the side windows don't look bad without the red trim paint. With the strong black paint scheme, seeing the frame members through the glass looks good. Of course I am sure it would look good with the red trim painted as well. Just a thought

    Chuck
    Yes, I like it this way. That is why I painted the vertical plates for the wind screen black. So it blends in. This way I will never have to worry about chipping paint on the windows.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #13
    Senior Member ceslaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Carterville, IL
    Posts
    384

    Default Re: On the home stretch.

    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBranch View Post
    Yes, I like it this way. That is why I painted the vertical plates for the wind screen black. So it blends in. This way I will never have to worry about chipping paint on the windows.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good call. The look works really well with your paint scheme.

  4. #14
    Senior Member TroyBranch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Posts
    278

    Default Re: On the home stretch.

    Fuel flow done, engine has been run, weighs 1055 lbs. Final inspection Wednesday!! Everything worked as it should, no leaks.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #15
    Senior Member TroyBranch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Posts
    278

    Default Re: On the home stretch.

    I am done painting!! Final inspection is complete. Today I am getting all the panels on and good look at everything. May fly it tomorrow if I get it all ready.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #16
    Senior Member ceslaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Carterville, IL
    Posts
    384

    Default Re: On the home stretch.

    Darn it. You beat me. I still have to install the spinner.

    My inspection is scheduled on June 27. Will be away until then.

    Congratulations! Let us know how the first flight goes.

    Chuck

  7. #17
    Senior Member TroyBranch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Posts
    278

    Default Re: On the home stretch.

    Lol. It's not a race. This is my fifth build. You learn how to built fast with practice. You get faster after your third.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Fairfield UT
    Posts
    33

    Default Re: On the home stretch.

    Just wondering what tires and do you have extended tanks? Are you using a g3x? Mine came in at 990 with 29's and extended fuel but a world vfr panel.

  9. #19
    Senior Member TroyBranch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Posts
    278

    Default Re: On the home stretch.

    It has 31s, (32#each) extended fuel and baggage, baby bush wheel and g3x with autopilot. It is an Ex2 which is suppose to be a bit heavier.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Fairfield UT
    Posts
    33

    Default Re: On the home stretch.

    Ok,

    So the only difference is I have 29's and no AP and a lighter panel.. Mine is an EX-2 (120 hours) Thanks...


    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBranch View Post
    It has 31s, (32#each) extended fuel and baggage, baby bush wheel and g3x with autopilot. It is an Ex2 which is suppose to be a bit heavier.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •