Thread: FAA airworthiness inspection

Default FAA airworthiness inspection

After a few weeks and many phone calls I finally have my airworthiness inspection scheduled for next week. We have no DAR's in SD. I did find one just over the border in WY willing to do the inspection but after 25 emails it seems they can't cross the border anymore without an act of congress. Your mileage my very with your FSDO, seems they are all their own little empire.

My two pieces of advice are get your registration done early. You can do it as soon as you get your bill of sale from CC. I'm glad I had that done last year. Second, start talking to the FAA or DAR a few months early to get the ball rolling. If you have a local DAR I don't think you will have any issues at all. If you don't and need to rely on the FAA, give them a heads up a few months early and see what their process is.

Now for for my question. I think a DAR will issue an airworthiness certificate right after the inspection. However, on another forum I saw that another gentleman had an inspection with the FAA, passed and now he is waiting for his Airworthiness Certificate before he can fly. Said it would take about a week for the paperwork to finalize?? Anyone have experience with the FAA doing the inspection and how long it took to get the certificate?? I assumed it would be the same day? Hope I'm not in for another wait after the inspection!
    Last edited by Cubrath; 05-13-2016 at 07:01 AM.

Default Re: FAA airworthiness inspection

Good lucj with your inspection. If you get that done you should come up to the Johnson Creek flyin with it assuming you can get your 40 hour fly off done
    Jeffery Baber
    Innovation Aircraft Sales
    (844) ACSALES

I'm going to work hard at getting that 40 hours flown off. We will see if I can make the June deadline!

I live in Montana and my DAR came from Idaho. No problems.

Thr DAR issued me the airworthiness certificate when he finished, the same day as the inspection.
    Flying Carbon Cub EX #11 since 2011

Dan,

When we started the process the DAR thought the same thing. He did one in Idaho a couple of months ago and it was just a phone call. Now, they changed the rules on him. If we were in the same district I think things would have been different but we were dealing with Denver, Minneapolis and Rapid City. I probably could have waited it out for the DAR but when the local FSDO offered to do it I wasn't going to turn them down.