Thread: Landing lights

Default Landing lights

I have seen the write up on the Aeroleds landing light and figured I would show what I have recently done. If you are an RV guy you likely have heard of Flyleds. They have a light with a turned down lens for a taxi light on tail draggers. I figured I might as well see if it could fit in the cub.

First thing I needed to do was trim the current holder.

I cut the back plate of the light down for it to fit. Match drilled the holes so I could use the same mounting holes.

Here is the taxi light on only. Plenty of light and no need for gear lights.

On the other wing I installed the Aeroleds Sunspot so I could compare. I really do not notice much difference over the two. They both have a much wider spread of light than the Whelen. Flyleds is much cheaper.

With the wider coverage of light, the prop does give some distraction. About the same for each light. You can see it in this picture.

If I build again I would put the lights near the wing tips to avoid the issue with the prop. I have the Seven star on my RV10 and the prop stays invisible. Lights come together out front with great brightness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Re: Landing lights

Can you please specify the exact taxi light module per Aeroled's website?

Default Re: Landing lights

Quote Originally Posted by CutterFlight View Post
    Can you please specify the exact taxi light module per Aeroled's website?
    Sunspot 36-4313

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk