Thread: Side window install.

Default Side window install.

Question for the group. I taped the left window to the frame in preparation for the install. The manual says the bottom of the window should be in line with the D window. Is that the bottom of the track of the D window or where the glass meets the track?

I assume there should be overlap to keep the wind out on the bottom along with the 3/4 inch overlap on the fwd edge of the D window. When I taped up the left window, I only have 1/2 in overlap with my D window.

Does the fwd edge butt up to the trim piece or overlap a bit? Does the top but up against the hinge? Does a notch get cut for the hinge or is a small gap left between the the glass and the hinge?

The pictures and description in the manual are not clear to me. The manual makes it look like the windscreen is done first. I am afraid of messing up and having the windscreen not match up to the window and trim piece. Should I temporarily install the trim piece on the A pillar? Will that mess up the well nut?

Any good close up pictures of the side window and D window and A pillar match up would great.

Jake

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Jake
    Finished CCEX N96FV!

Default Side window install.

Follow up question, the front of the side window bottom should align with the windshield liner. The windshield liner isn't installed until the next section. How do I line this up if it isn't installed yet?

Jake

Jake
    Finished CCEX N96FV!

Default Re: Side window install.

I feel your pain with the manual. So many places you have to read between the lines, but I can never figure out what those lines are saying

I am just about to fit my side windows and this is how I understand it. Hopefully someone can confirm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TroyBranch View Post
    I feel your pain with the manual. So many places you have to read between the lines, but I can never figure out what those lines are saying

I am just about to fit my side windows and this is how I understand it. Hopefully someone can confirm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep, that's how they go, butt fit forward with windscreen, overlap D window in back.
    Pete
    ✈️CCK-1865-0078 N9PW
    Severna Park, MD W18

Pete
    CCK-1865-0078
    ✈️N9PW
    Severna Park, MD
    Pete
    ✈️CCK-1865-0078 N9PW
    Severna Park, MD W18

Quote Originally Posted by c130jake View Post
    Follow up question, the front of the side window bottom should align with the windshield liner. The windshield liner isn't installed until the next section. How do I line this up if it isn't installed yet?

Jake

Jake,

You do have to install the front windshield completely before you do the side windows. There is no way to line up and cut the side glass correctly without the front windshield and liner installed. The only place I had to trim the side glass was right at the window liner. The top butts right up to the hinge. I left about 1/8" gap between the front window strip and the side glass.

Here are also a few pictures of the CC airplane I took at Oshkosh.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Cubrath; 05-03-2016 at 06:42 PM.

Well, I followed the manual and did the side windows first. Thanks for the pic. I needed the door/window windshield liner one. I hope it all lines up tomorrow.

Jake
    Finished CCEX N96FV!

Another question...the washers for the #6 screws in the manual are #8 for the window. That seems wrong. It also doesn't look like any of the pictures.

Jake

Jake
    Finished CCEX N96FV!

Quote Originally Posted by c130jake View Post
    Another question...the washers for the #6 screws in the manual are #8 for the window. That seems wrong. It also doesn't look like any of the pictures.

Jake

I don't remember what I actually used, but for most of the nylon washers I used one size smaller, threaded them on the screw and once tighten they squish down to the right size. The correct size seem to deform with the slightest pressure and get all caddywompass. That's what worked for me.
    Pete
    ✈️CCK-1865-0078 N9PW
    Severna Park, MD W18

I did use the bigger washers called for in the manual. I assumed they wanted a little extra surface area to lessen the chance of cracking the plexi.