Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rib clamps and glue

Default Re: Rib clamps and glue

Daveembry,

Probably they would be OK. I looked at these when I was "tooling up" for my build. But, usually, you get what you pay for. One reviewer of these clamps said "generic Chinese clamps". So I opted for the next step up, the Home Depot option:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/HDX-2-in-Spring-Clamp-80002/100027346

The 1" HDX are also $0.99 each. A very good deal. Very strong clamping force.

Not quite as nice as Pony or Bessey brand which I use for woodworking but at 1/5th the cost - well worth it.

Hope this is helpful,

David

Quote Originally Posted by David H View Post
    Daveembry,

Probably they would be OK. I looked at these when I was "tooling up" for my build. But, usually, you get what you pay for. One reviewer of these clamps said "generic Chinese clamps". So I opted for the next step up, the Home Depot option:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/HDX-2-in-Spring-Clamp-80002/100027346

The 1" HDX are also $0.99 each. A very good deal. Very strong clamping force.

Not quite as nice as Pony or Bessey brand which I use for woodworking but at 1/5th the cost - well worth it.

Hope this is helpful,

David
    Thanks David, Yeah.....these look like much higher quality. I couldn't find any in the 1" for some reason though but I suppose it wouldn't matter. Are you started on your build already or just getting ready like me?

PM sent