Thread: Catto Prop installation literature

Default Catto Prop installation literature

Hi fellow builders
    A quick request to see if anybody can direct me to the section or paragraph in the Carbon Cub manuals that deals with the installation of the kit supplied Catto Prop.Ive been thru the manuals and unable to find any info on this topic.Appreciate your early responses
    Best regards
    Ken Edwards

Default Re: Catto Prop installation literature

Hello,

we are just nearing the completion of our build and are curious to see if there is documentation or a preferred prop to engine orientation to be used for installation.
    Thanks for the info on the prop bolt size, that was helpful
    Justin

Default Re: Catto Prop installation literature

Quote Originally Posted by Tom R View Post
    Hello,

we are just nearing the completion of our build and are curious to see if there is documentation or a preferred prop to engine orientation to be used for installation.
    Thanks for the info on the prop bolt size, that was helpful
    Justin
    Tom. There is a single page PDF in the Dropbox files called Prop and Spinner Installatiom in the miscellaneous folder. No orientation that I'm aware of but important to torque it in 2 stages and torque opposite bolts as you go around.

After you torque it, take a cardboard box and place it on the floor so when you bring the prop around by hand that one blade tip will just touch the box. Mark the box right where that blade tip touches. Then without moving the box, spin the prop around (by hand) until the other blade touches the box. It should be right on the same mark. If not then loosen and retorque the bolts gradually again and see if you can get it to match. Mine was absolutely a perfect match. Each blade tip touches the box exactly in the mark.
    Last edited by Daveembry; 08-06-2017 at 02:24 PM.