Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: G3X Question

Default G3X Question

For the guys that have the G3X, does the G3X have a hobbs, tach timer or both? If just a hobbs, does it run with avionics power on or is it some how tied in with oil pressure so it only runs while the engine is running? Just curious.

Default Re: G3X Question

It has both. For the tach you set the RPM, for hobbs you can base it on oil pressure, airborne and rpm.

http://static.garmin.com/pumac/190-01115-01_W.pdf

Engine Time – Engine Time records the total operating time of the engine, in hours. Engine time will berecorded whenever engine RPM exceeds 100 RPM. To disable engine time recording, select the StandardRPM field and press the CLR key to delete the Standard RPM value.

The Standard RPM field determines the engine speed at which engine time increments at 1 hour per hour.Engine RPMs greater than the Standard RPM value will cause engine time to increase faster, and slowerRPMs will cause engine time to increase more slowly. For example, if Standard RPM is set to 2300, enginetime will increase by 1 hour if the engine is run for 1 hour at 2300 RPM, and the recorded engine time willincrement by approximately 0.9 hours if the engine is run for 1 hour at 2100 RPM.

Total time -

Oil Pressure
    Flight Time - Records Total Time when aircraft is airborne as determined by GPS data and the indicated airspeed
    RPM - Records Total Time when engine RPM is greater than 100

N80DB #119 E-LSA / G3X Touch

Thanks Marcus!!

Installed new software and configuration files today. Was able to figure everything out but the com. It is X out and is not communicating with the G3X. I have been browsing through the 800 page manual and can't find an answer. Anyone have a solution?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Was it working prior to buttoning it up? It's going to be hard to check pins now but that might be what you have to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you boot into configure mode, what does it show on the page that shows the status of all components?
    N80DB #119 E-LSA / G3X Touch

Quote Originally Posted by TroyBranch View Post
    Was it working prior to buttoning it up? It's going to be hard to check pins now but that might be what you have to do.

Troy,

I didn't see this function until I uploaded the config files. I hope it is just a configuration issue and not a pin issue. That would be a nightmare right now. I will check it out again when I get out to the airport today.

I got the comm function fixed! It took a little time to trouble shoot and Matt Dickey from CC Avionics was a big help in narrowing it down. I now know a lot about CAN bus networks!! Turns out it was a miss pin on the comm harness. Thank goodness I was able to get to it without having to cut one zip tie. My mistake was not running the configuration files before I put the cowl on. Everything powered up with the initial install. I did have one other miss pin but I caught that before the cowl was on. This one did not show until the config files were loaded. Lesson learned! Glad that problem is solved, now I can sleep again!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Great news! Can you fix my elevators!

Oh no! Why's the deal??