Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carbon Cub G3X - ADS-B In/Out

Default Re: Carbon Cub G3X - ADS-B In/Out

Quote Originally Posted by glickle View Post
    Hi all, BIG question re the G3X touch. Is there any way to transfer my user way points into the G3X? I have transferred them from my 796 to an SD card in Garmin format and cannot find anywhere in the manual or otherwise on how to transfer. I do see the ability to load flight plans but not user waypoints. I inserted the SD card and no pop up or anything. I have to assume someone has done this already? Please advise Thanks Gary
    The G3X Touch will import/export user waypoints. This is done on the user waypoint page. To access the user waypoint page press menu twice for the main menu then touch the User Waypoints icon. Pressing menu on this page will have the option to import or export user waypoints if there is a SD card installed. The SD card should have a folder called Garmin on the root and a folder called GPX in the Garmin folder. There should be a .GPX file in the GPX folder that has the user waypoints in it. A single export will create a single file with all the user waypoints in it. The .GPX file extension is what the G3X Touch is looking for to import the user waypoints.

Tim L.
    g3xpert

Quote Originally Posted by g3xpert View Post
    The G3X Touch will import/export user waypoints. This is done on the user waypoint page. To access the user waypoint page press menu twice for the main menu then touch the User Waypoints icon. Pressing menu on this page will have the option to import or export user waypoints if there is a SD card installed. The SD card should have a folder called Garmin on the root and a folder called GPX in the Garmin folder. There should be a .GPX file in the GPX folder that has the user waypoints in it. A single export will create a single file with all the user waypoints in it. The .GPX file extension is what the G3X Touch is looking for to import the user waypoints.

Tim L.
    g3xpert

THANK YOU, THAT WORKS! Seems my issue was my user way points from the 796 were not in a .gpx format so once I changed the format, the import button lit up and loaded them. YEAH! Interestingly I had called Garmin Aviation support and they said user way point importing was not supported on the G3X Touch, only flight plans. This made zero sense and they promised to forward the request to engineering . They did to their credit call back last night and stated the same instructions you posted and apologized for the bad info. So good for Garmin on the follow up.

While I have the G3X expert, I also noticed that the auto pilot will hunt for altitude and overshoot/undershoot causing a bit of porpoising. It will fly straight and level for a while then slowly climb to maybe 200 ft above the captured altitude then suddenly dive dive, then over shoot the captured altitude then pull up and hence the porpoising begins, Its not violent or anything just annoying. I see there are gain adjustments for the AP but not sure whats the right one or amount, Any suggestions? best Gary

Works Great. I just picked up FX#10 with the setup.

Thanks Rich!
    Jon
    Last edited by txcub; 04-11-2016 at 06:59 AM.