Thread: Cabane V to shock will not fit.

Default Cabane V to shock will not fit.

The shock is over 1/16 wider than the cabane V gap. How did you guys make this work. I regret painting this stuff before fitting. The only thing I can see is to sand the shock end to fit? Did you guys have this issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Re: Cabane V to shock will not fit.

I ran into that too. It looked to me like the plates that hold the upper end of the shock strut had closed together a bit during welding. I spread it back apart the small amount needed using two nuts on the end of a bolt. Start a bold, not an AN because the threaded length is too short, in one side of a plate. Then run two nuts on the threads with both nuts inside of the gap. Spin the nuts by hand until each touches an opposite plate and the continue to open the gap using a wrench. It works well and was easy to do.

This is is better than removing material from the strut end.
    Flying Carbon Cub EX #11 since 2011

Default Cabane V to shock will not fit.

I tried spreading them and then checked the gap at the weld. It is still to narrow there. I don't think any amount of spreading will get it in. I will try your method for fun though. Mitch is going to send me a new one. It is not suppose to that tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk