Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Adding striping.

Default Re: Adding striping.

Dave,
    I have the strip files on my computer, I also do vinyl cutting for fun. I can send you the files and your guy can cut them out for you. Let me know if you want the files by sending me an email at stede52@comcast.net.
    Steve Dentz
    N419LD
    Carnation, WA

Quote Originally Posted by stede52 View Post
    Dave,
    I have the strip files on my computer, I also do vinyl cutting for fun. I can send you the files and your guy can cut them out for you. Let me know if you want the files by sending me an email at stede52@comcast.net.
    Thanks so much but I actually was able to find a really good vinyl company here that was able to just pop in a couple measurements and scale everything out on the plane just fine. Thanks again

Just as a follow up on this.....I didn't use the standard CC striping/paint scheme so I used a local company here to do the stripes, numbers, pinup girl printing, etc. He used a product from 3M vinyl wrap. It's the material used to wrap vehicles and is WAAAAAAY better and easier than standard vinyl. You can just slap it on. No air bubbles, it will form around any curve and if you mess up....just pull it back and stick it back on. None of the problems with the regular, old style vinyl.

If you are installing it on big curves (not really applicable in this case) by heating it up with a heat gun and just stretching it around a bend or curve. When it cools, it will form to that and you can even pull it back off and it will still have the shape and you can just stick it back on. If you don't like the way it worked, you can reheat it again and it will go back to the original shape.

I'll never use regular vinyl again.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveembry View Post
    Just as a follow up on this.....I didn't use the standard CC striping/paint scheme so I used a local company here to do the stripes, numbers, pinup girl printing, etc. He used a product from 3M vinyl wrap. It's the material used to wrap vehicles and is WAAAAAAY better and easier than standard vinyl. You can just slap it on. No air bubbles, it will form around any curve and if you mess up....just pull it back and stick it back on. None of the problems with the regular, old style vinyl.

If you are installing it on big curves (not really applicable in this case) by heating it up with a heat gun and just stretching it around a bend or curve. When it cools, it will form to that and you can even pull it back off and it will still have the shape and you can just stick it back on. If you don't like the way it worked, you can reheat it again and it will go back to the original shape.

I'll never use regular vinyl again.
    How 'bout throwing your vendors name & contact info our way....
    Thanx,
    GV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SQRHD View Post
    How 'bout throwing your vendors name & contact info our way....
    Thanx,
    GV

Sure, It's Quality Signs & Banners. qualitysignsba@gmail.com. Rodney is the owner and "Peewee" is he designer. 918-251-2100. I think most any of the sign companies now that do the "wraps" can do it on that material in your town.

Thanx....I'll inquiry with them. I'm in AK and we had one company in ANC doing auto wraps, but they went out of business.

Quote Originally Posted by SQRHD View Post
    Thanx....I'll inquiry with them. I'm in AK and we had one company in ANC doing auto wraps, but they went out of business.

Sure, just tell them about my plane and they will know all about it. They have very good software and from a couple of measurements on your plane, they can scale out any drawings/stripes etc you have.