Thread: Front window install

Default Front window install

I'm out on the road this week and I'm doing my homework for next weeks tasks! I have a question about the front windshield install. Specifically, the side trim strips and the well nuts. From the way the manual looks, I can't tell how the well nuts hold the windshield in? In picture 468 are the well nuts screwed into just the strip or the strip and the glass? Do the well nuts just hold he window in position? Doesn't look like they would actually screw into the airframe post? Anyone have any pictures or a simple explanation? I'm sure it's much easier than I'm making it out to be!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Front window install

The well nuts are the same diameter as the holes in the post they go in. When you tighten them, they expand giving a nice, soft mounting for the windshield sides.

So the well nuts get screwed to the strip only, pushed through the window and the frame. Then a screw goes into the back side of the well nut. Once tightened, everything snugs up. That makes sense.

Thanks TMA

I stopped into Spearfish and I spoke with Ray at Eagle Aviation. Sorry I missed you I would have liked to have checked out your Carbon Cub. I will keep you posted when I am coming through.
    Jeffery Baber
    Innovation Aircraft Sales
    (844) ACSALES

Jeffery,

I talked to Ray today. Sorry we couldn't hook up! Let me know next time you are coming through. Hopefully I will be flying by then!!

Mike