Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weight and Balance

Default Weight and Balance

Attached is a simple Weight and Balance spreadsheet I put together for my Carbon Cub (SN123 w/ empty weight 915 lbs). The yellow cells are the input cells. I thought some of you may find this useful. I have attached it a s a PDF because I could not figure out how to attach it as an Excel file. If anyone knows how, please let me know.

Regards,
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Weight and Balance

Nice work Richard, I had a simple spreadsheet like that for both of my RVs. Once you do a few scenarios you will memorize where the limits are, but this a great tool to use to get you there.

.xls file attachments were not on the "approved file type" list. I went into the admin module and added it so you're good to go if you want to repost the xls file.
    Randy Lervold

Randy, thanks. Here is the Excel file if anyone needs it.

Randy, thanks. Here is the Excel file if anyone needs it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Randy, I received an error message saying the 26kb file was too big to upload.

Quote Originally Posted by randylervold View Post
    Nice work Richard, I had a simple spreadsheet like that for both of my RVs. Once you do a few scenarios you will memorize where the limits are, but this a great tool to use to get you there.

.xls file attachments were not on the "approved file type" list. I went into the admin module and added it so you're good to go if you want to repost the xls file.
    Randy, add .act files to the list and I will upload my FliteStar aircraft file for the Carbon Cub.
    Bob Anderson, CC11-00435, N94RA

Quote Originally Posted by turbopilot View Post
    Randy, add .act files to the list and I will upload my FliteStar aircraft file for the Carbon Cub.
    ".act" files added.
    Randy Lervold

I would like to access the *.act files for the Carbon Cub for FliteStar. How do I find it ........?????

Chip Allen

SWT Aviation, Inc.
    Cubcrafters Southeast Sales Center
    Marietta, GA

Bob will need to post it now that I've added the file type to the approved list. Bob?
    Randy Lervold

Quote Originally Posted by randylervold View Post
    Bob will need to post it now that I've added the file type to the approved list. Bob?
    Consider carboncub.act version 1. I have not adjusted performance data to account for +/- ISA temperatures.

My current problem is to find a way to operate my airplane close to the POH cruise and power numbers. I definitely still have more calibration to do. Here is a screen shot where I set the RPM to 2130 close the the maximum cruise RPM limit on the placard for 2,000' which is 2150 RPM. I also leaned to 50 degree ROP. I just finished calibrating my fuel flow so I think it is right. The Dynon says I am developing 37% power, but the fuel flow is 6.2 GPH. (BTW the oil temperature in this shot is higher because I had tape over 1/3 of the cooler).

The POH cruise table says at 2,000' and 2150 RPM I should be doing 89 mph TAS and burning 4.4 gph @44% power. I have 26" tires on the airplane and I am going 96 mph TAS as you can see in the screen shot and burning 6.2 gph indicating 37% power. So something is not right. Could be the RPM is not calibrated. I have not found a way to calibrate RPM in the Dynon.

Anyone have ideas?

Last edited by turbopilot; 05-17-2010 at 06:47 PM.
    Bob Anderson, CC11-00435, N94RA