Thread: A Great Experience

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default A Great Experience

Through a friend I learned of Cub Crafters and the carbon cub. I had no tail wheel time, but researched and made the decision to buy. I took delivery of 401 Friday, March 18 and landed in KY last evening, March 21. The entire experience from ordering the plane, to delivery, to flying this wonderful plane has been absolutely world class. My first interaction was with Chip Allen at SWT Aviation and he made the buying process smooth and educational. After ordering the plane, Chip stayed in close contact keeping me up to date on the process. He also was at the factory as I took delivery - exceptional customer attention by a dealer in any industry. The Cub Crafters team, Jim, Randy, John and Jon (and all the others I met and who helped in delivering the plane and educating me) are knowledgeable, passionate, friendly, helpful, and customer focused. Randy took me in the factory at 9 pm to see the plane before delivery the next day. The team went so far as to stay late Friday evening and then have folks back in the delivery hanger befor daylight Saturday morning for some touch up paint work I did not even notice. While taking delivery I met the owner of 400 (a multiple CC owner) who reached out and kindly let me follow him on an two plane tour of the Yakima area for the remainder of the day after I took delivery. Nathan Hammond, who runs the service center here in KY, flew with me from delivery until we arrived at my home airport last evening and is both the nicest person and best stick and rudder pilot I have had the opportunity to meet. Finally, whatever I could read about the plane did not do it justice. The plane exceeded my expectations twofold. I am already thinking of when I will need the next CC.

Default Re: A Great Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty McCoy View Post
    Through a friend I learned of Cub Crafters and the carbon cub. I had no tail wheel time, but researched and made the decision to buy. I took delivery of 401 Friday, March 18 and landed in KY last evening, March 21. The entire experience from ordering the plane, to delivery, to flying this wonderful plane has been absolutely world class. My first interaction was with Chip Allen at SWT Aviation and he made the buying process smooth and educational. After ordering the plane, Chip stayed in close contact keeping me up to date on the process. He also was at the factory as I took delivery - exceptional customer attention by a dealer in any industry. The Cub Crafters team, Jim, Randy, John and Jon (and all the others I met and who helped in delivering the plane and educating me) are knowledgeable, passionate, friendly, helpful, and customer focused. Randy took me in the factory at 9 pm to see the plane before delivery the next day. The team went so far as to stay late Friday evening and then have folks back in the delivery hanger befor daylight Saturday morning for some touch up paint work I did not even notice. While taking delivery I met the owner of 400 (a multiple CC owner) who reached out and kindly let me follow him on an two plane tour of the Yakima area for the remainder of the day after I took delivery. Nathan Hammond, who runs the service center here in KY, flew with me from delivery until we arrived at my home airport last evening and is both the nicest person and best stick and rudder pilot I have had the opportunity to meet. Finally, whatever I could read about the plane did not do it justice. The plane exceeded my expectations twofold. I am already thinking of when I will need the next CC.
    I hope it will only be to change the color. Stay light on the brakes and enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by 40m View Post
    I hope it will only be to change the color. Stay light on the brakes and enjoy.
    Hi Dusty sure enjoyed meeting you and being with you and yes wittnessing that Cubcrafter induced smile and excitement. THIS is what you have to look forward to! #400 just 18 or so hours out of the barn and after having a blast with Dusty Nate Chip and the Cubcrafters team! Many thanks to all and my Fourth Cross Country Washington to Florida is just as exciting as the first one. Best Gary
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by glickle View Post
    Hi Dusty sure enjoyed meeting you and being with you and yes wittnessing that Cubcrafter induced smile and excitement. THIS is what you have to look forward to! #400 just 18 or so hours out of the barn and after having a blast with Dusty Nate Chip and the Cubcrafters team! Many thanks to all and my Fourth Cross Country Washington to Florida is just as exciting as the first one. Best Gary

I am already thinking of when I will need the next CC.

If my reference to "changing the color" misled some to think I was not a fan of Cub Yellow please let this picture of me and mine set it right. As Harry Chapin said "there are many colors in a rainbow" but I only see Cub Yellow. Best of luck to you and yours!
    .[IMG]file:///Users/Glenn/Desktop/623CB.jpg[/IMG]

I am already thinking of when I will need the next CC.

If my reference to "changing the color" misled some to think I was not a fan of Cub Yellow please let this picture of me and mine set it right. As Harry Chapin said "there are many colors in a rainbow" but I only see Cub Yellow. Best of luck to you and yours!
    .[IMG]file:///Users/Glenn/Desktop/623CB.jpg[/IMG]
    Well the picture didn't work so well, Jon have you got one handy?

Well the picture didn't work so well, Jon have you got one handy?
    How bout this one!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by txcub; 03-25-2016 at 06:49 PM.

It was a pleasure to have you here in Yakima Dusty. As Randy stressed during your visit, the total customer experience is our focus, and I'm happy yours has been a positive one so far. As many on this forum will attest, you have a lot of fun ahead of you!

Dusty,thank you so very much for your post. One of the true joys of being a CubCrafters dealer is delivering a new airplane to an excited new owner. Living across the country from the factory, I don’t get to witness a new delivery as often as I would like, but the opportunity to deliver my good friend, Gary Lickle’s fourth CubCrafters airplane (his third Carbon Cub), AND your first was just too wonderful a combination to pass up. I reallyenjoyed spending time with you both in Yakima, and I look forward to flying to some cool places with you. Welcome to the family and keep us posted as you get more and more comfortable with your new bird. (Ain’t YELLOW just beautiful??)

Chip Allen

SWT Aviation, Inc.
    Cubcrafters Southeast Sales Center
    Marietta, GA

Congratulations Dusty. It seems like we have a few Carbon Cubs flying around Kentucky now. I also had the same positive experience during the delivery of #392. I didn't do as good on time making it back. It took me almost a week to get home due to weather. I would also like share your sentiments about Chip and Nate. They are both great guys. I would have liked to have had Nate with me a couple of times on my trip back! I left Yakima with about 8 tailwheel hours. Needless to say, I flight planned for airports with multiple runways. I wouldn't trade that trip for the world. A lot of great memories were made. Let's plan a lunch fly in sometime soon in the bluegrass state. I have over 110 hours on my Cub now and I just got it home on the first of December. They are a lot of fun.

Jimmy Elza

Dusty - So glad you enjoyed your time here with us. Wish I could have seen your grin on that first takeoff!

Jimmy - 110+ hours since December? Dude, that is AWESOME!
    Jon Delamarter
    Customer Support Manager
    Cub Crafters, Inc.
    jond@cubcrafters.com
    Office (509)367-5200