Thread: Go Pro Interface

Default Go Pro Interface

Has anyone figured out whether you can interface a Go Pro through the Garmin 3x Touch screen so you can use the Garmin screen as a monitor? I am thinking it might be able to connect through the camera directly as a monitor or through the Iphone app? Thanks Gary

Default Re: Go Pro Interface

Hi Gary. . .when I was in the process of purchasing my Carbon Cub, we (Randy and I) ran into the problem of not a long enough cable in order to mount the camera out of the cockpit. I have used a Go Pro with the remote and now am working on the Removu. Check it out on You Tube. But beware, Removu is not a Go Pro product and their support is very poor....like by email. It appears to be an excellent product but is somewhat difficult to connect with the Go Pro 4.

I would contact Garmin and ask them this question. It sure would seem they, if anyone, could figure this out. The Removu allows you to see what you are shooting but I would think the G3X would be much, much better. WWW
    Wayne Wibby
    Carbon Cub #324
    Aerocet amphibs

Default Go Pro Interface

Gary,

The connection on the back of the G3X display is for a "composite video" feed. The video cable cannot be purchase from Garmin - it has to be fabricated.

I don't know much about Go Pro but I do know that the VIRB XE will feed the G3X with composite video thru the video cable and will also connect wirelessly to the G3X display so that you can take pictures or start and stop video by tapping the G3X screen. If you purchase the aviation bundle, you get the prop filter, the adapters (for connecting to the composite video cable via RCA connection) and several mounts.

I've taken a screen shot from the G3X manual. Hope this is helpful.

-Matt Dickey-
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dickey; 03-15-2016 at 05:45 PM.
    Matt Dickey
    Manager,

Excellent guys VERY helpful, I am on it! Best Gary

PS I head to Yakima tomorrow to pick up #400. Yet another cross country expedition from Yakima to Florida coming up. Stoked for the trip once again in these great planes!

Quote Originally Posted by glickle View Post
    Excellent guys VERY helpful, I am on it! Best Gary

PS I head to Yakima tomorrow to pick up #400. Yet another cross country expedition from Yakima to Florida coming up. Stoked for the trip once again in these great planes!
    Lucky dog. . . does it have the G3X?
    Wayne Wibby
    Carbon Cub #324
    Aerocet amphibs