Thread: New Sport Cub Owner

Default New Sport Cub Owner

Good Evening,

I'll be taking delivery of a Sport Cub S2-XP (Don's Dream Machines) in a few weeks and just wanted to say hello to everyone. I couldn't afford a Carbon Cub but I think I will be very happy with the Sport Cub. I got my endorsement in the CC11-100 with the stock o-200 and I am very curious of the difference in performance with Don's upgrades on the o-200.

Thomas Autrey
    KHEG

Default Re: New Sport Cub Owner

Congratulations Thomas. I don't think you will be disappointed. I have really enjoyed my Cubcrafters machine. Enjoy.

Jimmy Elza

Night and day difference! You will love it. Keep it light and you can play with the big boys. Once you get comfortable play with Randy's two notch take-off, feel it and have fun.

Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by 40m View Post
    Night and day difference! You will love it. Keep it light and you can play with the big boys. Once you get comfortable play with Randy's two notch take-off, feel it and have fun.

Glenn
    I trained in the cc-11-100 so I'm totally used to it. You dont need flaps in the 100 unless you want to take off like a helo.
    However they would come in handy if i ever had to do one of Chuck's backyard landings.

Thomas Autrey
    KHEG

I bought a Sport Cub with the original 0200 and flew it about 120hrs before having Don Sword do the cylinders, high compression pistons, and changed to a C-85 cam...was running the 72x43 Catto prop till engine got broke-end and started redlining in straight & level flight...then switched to Catto 76x42 the difference is well worth the money. The original performed good but You can put 150hp supercubs to shame at will afterwards...I'm 6' @250lbs and see 1200ft/min easily...just the prop change shortened take off 35' with no loss on cruise..engine upgrade changed tone of engine some and lowered temps as well...102 hrs later, I could not imagine flying without the upgraded engine now.
    2007 Sportcub serial#21

[QUOTE=tautrey;15299
    However they would come in handy if i ever had to do one of Chuck's backyard landings.[/QUOTE]

It performs well😄 You won't be disappointed,from what I remember density altitude was 3800' that day.
    Last edited by Springloaded; 03-20-2016 at 02:40 PM.
    Chuck Kinberger
    Southern Cubs
    Florida Cubcrafter Sales
    Jupiter Fl.
    Pa11890ck@gmail.com
    You can sit at home & hear the News or get out there & be the News

Quote Originally Posted by Springloaded View Post
    It performs well😄 You won't be disappointed,from what I remember idensity altitude was 3800' that day.
    Thats awesome !

Thomas Autrey
    KHEG

Quote Originally Posted by ncshp View Post
    I bought a Sport Cub with the original 0200 and flew it about 120hrs before having Don Sword do the cylinders, high compression pistons, and changed to a C-85 cam...was running the 72x43 Catto prop till engine got broke-end and started redlining in straight & level flight...then switched to Catto 76x42 the difference is well worth the money.
    Looks like mine has a Sen 72x50 prop if I'm reading the Maint logs right.

Thomas Autrey
    KHEG