Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Recommendations for Carbon Cub

Default Re: Recommendations for Carbon Cub

Ditto on Rich's recommendation. When doing cross country work I plan for 300 mile legs (though I've done 340). Weight won't have much effect on your fuel burn/range.
    Randy Lervold

Ditto, ditto, ditto re equip[range and go ELSA. There are many benefits of ELSA like you can legally fly at night as private pilot with the light package where technically SLSA you cant. ( makes no sense but true) There is no empty weight restriction as noted below and you can do your own work on the plane after taking the 16 hour LSA repairman course, you can also add any equipment you want and still be legal etc etc. etc etc. Call Jim Stewart at Falcon Insurance (830) 257-1000 as they were great re covergae and understand the ELSA election and I had no changes to rate but only had changes after adding amphibs. Best Gary

This is all great info- thanks a bunch. Now it's time to pencil it out. What dealer should I go through or do I just talk directly to CC?

Thanks,
    GM

Thumbs up Re: Recommendations for Carbon Cub

I am not sure where you are so I can not tell you specifically who to talk with about buying one. I can tell you that the airplane is simply AWESOME and that all the folks at Cubcrafters have been great! I looked at a bunch of planes prior to selecting the Carbon Cub and can tell you that nothing can match the performance of the Carbon Cub, especially at higher altitudes.

Regards,

ps: Real Men fly tailwheel aircraft!!!!

I can also recommend Falcon Insurance!! They know the plane and provided me with the most coverage at the best price!

My Carbon Cub was delivered last Sunday and so far I am pleased.
    Re insurance--- I found Falcon Agency to be useless. I don't think they understand ELSA at all.
    I ended up with Avemco because of the favorable terms in their policy.
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by munrokicker View Post
    This is all great info- thanks a bunch. Now it's time to pencil it out. What dealer should I go through or do I just talk directly to CC?

Thanks,
    GM
    We have Certified Sales Centers with exclusive territories covering most of the country. If you're from Reno then you'll deal with Royce Anderson at Horsefly Aviation. Check the map here for details. We look forward to you joining the family!
    Randy Lervold

Exclamation Re: Recommendations for Carbon Cub

Just go buy one.
    I don't think you will go wrong.
    Bill

Unhappy Re: Recommendations for Carbon Cub

Thanks for all of the help... I am at 40k in options already after your suggestions! Time to ask the other decision maker.

GM

munrokicker, I have a yellow one in stock and a red one with exec.glass and autopilot that will be done early july. Cubcrafters will also be at the Reno air races this year so hope to see you out there. let me know if I can help. Royce