Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: G3X in the CarbonCub EX?

Default Re: G3X in the CarbonCub EX?

Quote Originally Posted by couleeone View Post
    Jeez what happened to old fashion seat of the pants cubdriving? sure is a lot cheaper!! Do we really use all these toys in our cubs? Or are we distracted with overkill?

Dont get me wrong its all good but don't forget to save some $ for gas!!
    Gauges make the pilot. At first you check them often to answer a question. Am I flying well? Later, you know when you are making a coordinated turn without even looking. And all sorts of others things like that. Am I making the right weather decision? Ask that of a six-pack of steam gauges.

It's not about making a better six-pack of gauges because the G3X is much more than that. I think it's possible to 'tune' into glass panels the way one 'tunes' into their airplane. I think these things are going to make better pilots out of people - new and old.

One of the things that always bothered me when I was first flying was navigation. Where the hell am I? It took away from the enjoyment - it nagged me like a toothache. Now I can know practically everything I want and need to know with the click of button. What taxi way am I on? Click.

Ran
    Last edited by RanRan; 07-09-2011 at 09:43 PM.

Garmin recently posted updated pricing on the G3X. It makes this option much more appealing. They also announced a remote transponder with extended squitter (GTX 23 ES) for the G3X at a 2,199 street price.

G3X System with GDU 370 Total $ 5,995.00
    G3X System with GDU 375 Total $ 6,395.00
    G3X System with 2 GDU 370 Total $ 8,570.00
    G3X System with GDU 370 and GDU 375 Total $ 8,970.00

Tony

I think Garmin misjudged how popular the Light Sport category would become - their 'semi-certified' (ie high) pricing opened the door for companies like Dynon, Grand Rapids and a bunch more selling for a bunch less. Time will tell if this price drop is too little too late or if they can get some of the market share back.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan View Post
    I think Garmin misjudged how popular the Light Sport category would become - their 'semi-certified' (ie high) pricing opened the door for companies like Dynon, Grand Rapids and a bunch more selling for a bunch less. Time will tell if this price drop is too little too late or if they can get some of the market share back.
    I doubt that. Garmin didn't even enter the market already dominated by Dynon until 2009. Prior to that, all of Garmin's products were built for the certificated market (part 23/25). What sales they get from experimental/LSA is taking market share away, not back. Please use facts if you are going to make such conjectures.

Quote Originally Posted by clipwingcub View Post
    I doubt that. Garmin didn't even enter the market already dominated by Dynon until 2009.
    Exactly. We're splitting hairs here. They missed the market and now have lowered prices to stay competitive.

Trutrak also dropped their pricing on the GX Pilot to $2,990 if purchased with the G3X.

Randy,
    Looks like Dr. Alan Maurer had a sweeeet dual G3X installed in his new carbon Cub he recently picked up @ the factory based on the latest newsletter. is that now available?

Quote Originally Posted by ZEBRA1ZULU View Post
    Randy,
    Looks like Dr. Alan Maurer had a sweeeet dual G3X installed in his new carbon Cub he recently picked up @ the factory based on the latest newsletter. is that now available?
    Available as a "post-cert" option. Contact Stan Franz for more info... stan@cubcrafters.com or 509-248-1025.
    Randy Lervold

Based on the latest Carbon Cub News Website it appears that Dr. Alan Maurer had a G3X installed in his new Carbon Cub as CC latest available option. Many kudos to you CC! When will this appear on CC's website as a options? Maybe as a surprise for 2012?

Quote Originally Posted by ZEBRA1ZULU View Post
    Based on the latest Carbon Cub News Website it appears that Dr. Alan Maurer had a G3X installed in his new Carbon Cub as CC latest available option. Many kudos to you CC! When will this appear on CC's website as a options? Maybe as a surprise for 2012?
    We often do custom work on a plane after it is certified. We call this "post-cert" work because it happens after certification and is done by the craftsmen over in our rebuild shop. Dr. Maurer's panel was a post-cert option. We've had a fair amount of interest in G3X panels and have 2 more such post-cert projects in the queue. Be advised though that these are not cheap panels, Garmin is quite proud of their avionics.
    Randy Lervold