Thread: Camping question

Default Camping question

When you guys are air camping, how far away from your plane do you have your fire?
    Other than the common sense stuff like positioning the fire downwind (which could be upwind from a nearby camp/plane), what other guidelines do you use?

Thomas Autrey
    KHEG

Default Re: Camping question

Usually the site will dictate that, but you obviously don't want it so close that the plane is at risk from fire damage. Personally, I always like to have the plane in sight and close enough that I can keep gear stashed in it so that I don't have to fully unload every single thing. I'm not the most experienced camper though, for example about the only thing I can really cook is freeze dried food. ;-)
    Randy Lervold

Default Re: Camping question

Quote Originally Posted by randylervold View Post
    Usually the site will dictate that, but you obviously don't want it so close that the plane is at risk from fire damage. Personally, I always like to have the plane in sight and close enough that I can keep gear stashed in it so that I don't have to fully unload every single thing. I'm not the most experienced camper though, for example about the only thing I can really cook is freeze dried food. ;-)

Thanks Randy. Look forward to meeting all you guys up there for the FX build once my current plane sells. Based on the way things are going in the sellers market, I should be able to sell by the turn of the century.

Thomas Autrey
    KHEG