4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pre SNF April

2 50.00%
  • Sept/Oct

2 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Flying South Florida

Default Flying South Florida

I have been thinking of doing a Flyin in S. Florida. We will meet up in Everglades city on a Thursday (SeaFood) spend the night ,then fly the keys to Key West spend the day then back to Everglades city on Fri, then up to River ranch resort Sat ( they have a rodeo on sat nights) it's quite the resort swamp buggy & airboat rides ,shooting clays,fishing,Rodeo and Saloon.
    (you could easily spend a few days here and not get bored)Both airports allow camping and have hotels accommodations. We will fly the Everglades do some off airport landing (old hunting camps in the glades) for those who wish too. Stop at some local grass strips on the way. Will be a fun trip!
    I'm not sure of timing? Was thinking the week end before Sun-n-Fun that way you will end up around Lakeland that Sun. for those attending SNF.
    It either that or maybe do it in late September first of Oct.
    I will doing the trip in 2 weeks talking to FBOs and such would like to get an idea of interest before I go so I can have an idea of how many. Depending on interest here I will invite the Florida cub flyers too I think I would like to keep it max. around 20 cubs.
    Please give me your input and preference of dates.
    Thanks
    Chuck
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chuck Kinberger
    Southern Cubs
    Florida Cubcrafter Sales
    Jupiter Fl.
    Pa11890ck@gmail.com
    You can sit at home & hear the News or get out there & be the News

Default Re: Flying South Florida

Chuck I could try and rangle some of my guys up here into coming down for that. That sounds like a ton of fun. Let me know as it comes together.

JB
    Jeffery Baber
    Innovation Aircraft Sales
    (844) ACSALES

Sounds like a really FUN trip!! Just so we don't conflict with our Smoky Mountain Adventure in October, I would suggest a "Spring "thing"; right before SNF might attract a LOT of our owners.

Chip Allen

SWT Aviation, Inc.
    Cubcrafters Southeast Sales Center
    Marietta, GA

I wouldn't do it to close to Smokeys Flyin,just seeing if there is any Intrest in it, I always here people talking about the keys. Everglades city is where the Seafood festival is every year neat little town and River Ranch is just a lot of fun and some fun flying in between ,thought before SNF would be good to but wasn't sure. Summer's are probably to hot for most people to come down here. Karen and I will make a weekend out of it anyway checking things out.
    Chuck Kinberger
    Southern Cubs
    Florida Cubcrafter Sales
    Jupiter Fl.
    Pa11890ck@gmail.com
    You can sit at home & hear the News or get out there & be the News