Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ccx-1865/g3x question

Default Re: Ccx-1865/g3x question

Quote Originally Posted by tautrey View Post
    I think you are right. The whole idea sounds too cost prohibitive. I think I'll just stick with their standard Exec glass panel package and rent a 182 at the local fbo to meet VOR int/tracking currency requirements.
    So what's your mission? Are you wanting a CC that's truly IFR capable and "legal" or are you just more concerned about staying current? If currency is truly your main concern when deciding on how to equip your CC, than you are correct in that you'd be better off renting an IFR equipped airplane when the time came to renew your IFR rating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another option would be the GNC255 nav/com in place of the stock com radio.....
    You are correct; if you go with this option, you wouldn't need an audio panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Treetopflyer View Post
    So what's your mission? Are you wanting a CC that's truly IFR capable and "legal" or are you just more concerned about staying current? If currency is truly your main concern when deciding on how to equip your CC, than you are correct in that you'd be better off renting an IFR equipped airplane when the time came to renew your IFR rating.

mission is back country flying along with the ability to shoot an approach in case the wx goes south. It would be nice to be able to do vor int/tracking without having to rent another bird but I'm prepared to live with that.

mission is back country flying along with the ability to shoot an approach in case the wx goes south. It would be nice to be able to do vor int/tracking without having to rent another bird but I'm prepared to live with that.
    If it were me and all I was really worried about was shooting that occasion approach if the wx went south, I think the G3x will do you just fine and personally, I wouldn't worry about the technicalities of "certified" equipment. On the other hand, if you want to have all of your bases covered, I think the G3x touch with the GTN 650 would be the way to go. If you really look at the price difference between the GTN 650 and the GNC 255 you're only talking about $5k. Add in an audio panel to go with the 650 and you're still in for probably under $8k difference between the two. I think in the big scheme of things and in a $200+k airplane, and to do what you truly want to have the ability to do, than the additional cost of the 650 really isn't all that much....and man, you'd have one nice panel.....and no rental airplane!!

Quote Originally Posted by Treetopflyer View Post
    If it were me and all I was really worried about was shooting that occasion approach if the wx went south, I think the G3x will do you just fine and personally, I wouldn't worry about the technicalities of "certified" equipment. On the other hand, if you want to have all of your bases covered, I think the G3x touch with the GTN 650 would be the way to go. If you really look at the price difference between the GTN 650 and the GNC 255 you're only talking about $5k. Add in an audio panel to go with the 650 and you're still in for probably under $8k difference between the two. I think in the big scheme of things and in a $200+k airplane, and to do what you truly want to have the ability to do, than the additional cost of the 650 really isn't all that much....and man, you'd have one nice panel.....and no rental airplane!!
    Agreed.

Thanks Matt. Since the 20A is waas capable, can you load a GPS LPV approach into the g3X ?
    Check out section 6.6 of the G3X Touch Pilot's Guide. If you don't have it, it can be downloaded here. Make sure you select the "Touch" version of the guide.
    Matt Dickey
    Manager,