Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photo of iPad mount

Question Photo of iPad mount

Does anyone have a picture of how they mounted an iPad (probably mini) without obscuring too many of the instruments ?

I have been using this $100 homemade ADS-B solution and it's useful spotting traffic as I fly out of a busy airport and would like to have something better than an iPad sitting on my knee.

https://www.reddit.com/r/stratux/

Robert

Default Re: Photo of iPad mount

Robert

I am using a double suction Ram Mount on the side wall with a mini iPad. Works well and doesn't block anything. I will post a pic tomorrow.

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by fr0gpil0t View Post
    Does anyone have a picture of how they mounted an iPad (probably mini) without obscuring too many of the instruments ?

I have been using this $100 homemade ADS-B solution and it's useful spotting traffic as I fly out of a busy airport and would like to have something better than an iPad sitting on my knee.

Robert

Post Re: Photo of iPad mount

Quote Originally Posted by txcub View Post
    Robert

I am using a double suction Ram Mount on the side wall with a mini iPad. Works well and doesn't block anything. I will post a pic tomorrow.

Jon
    Sorry the photos keep getting rotated.. but here is a view of the Ram mount and the double suction base on the side wall.

IMG_1573.JPG

IMG_1574.JPG

I've been using this since Oshkosh and really like it.

http://www.sportys.com/pilotshop/ipa...lio-cover.html

David Morris

Here is my iPad Mini running side by side with Dynon Touch. I run ForeFlight on the mini which moves flight plan information to the Dynon Skyview while the SkyView provides ADHRS information to ForeFlight. Great combination which basically gives the CC a two panel solution with all the functionality of ForeFlight. iPad Mini attached with standard 1" ball joint mounts.

Bob Anderson, CC11-00435, N94RA

Quote Originally Posted by fr0gpil0t View Post

Robert
    Robert,
    This is the set up I use. Ipad mimi and Ram mount. I have unrestricted view of and access to my panel and a short run to my accessory plug. I mount my Stratus on the skylight with loose wire ties so if the suction is lost it doesn't hit me on the head (again).IMG_0913.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by txcub View Post
    Robert

I am using a double suction Ram Mount on the side wall with a mini iPad. Works well and doesn't block anything
    Are those mounting disks underneath your suction cups?
    was just curious why you needed them since there already exists a smooth surface for the suction cups.

Thomas Autrey
    KHEG

Quote Originally Posted by tautrey View Post
    Are those mounting disks underneath your suction cups?
    was just curious why you needed them since there already exists a smooth surface for the suction cups.
    Those are just the suction cups. Nothing added underneath. Super strength version suction cups I guess.

Jon

Thanks. I envisioned the same mounting solution. Just need a plane.

Thomas Autrey
    KHEG

I use the same RAM Double suction cup mount as we use at the Airline (see TXCUB in this thread-same mount) . Works ok-Sometimes pops off of its been awhile since I re-sucked it. its sucked on to the wind screen. I have a Lynx NG9000 ADS-B, and it now shows traffic via WiFi on ForeFlight or WingX Pro on the iPad .
    The smaller iPad would be better, but I'm too tight to buy one just for the Cub plus data and subscription to ForeFlight again.

Last edited by Steve Y; 11-02-2016 at 11:51 AM.
    XCub: CCX-2300-0011
    SPOT X TRACKING: https://maps.findmespot.com/s/09SL