Thread: New for the East

Default Re: New for the East

We rounded up some CubCrafters Cubs and went to Willis for a little friendly competition,Plane and car show.
    It was a team event. We had 2 Carbon Cubs ,1 S2 and newly restored CC PA18
    Spot landing contest 1st place 1'
    Flower drop 2nd place 10'
    Balloon Pop tied for second 1 balloon. I Had never did this before that was fun but tough I hit 2 and they didn't pop🤔
    Team CubCrafters Taxing OUT
    XCUB Showed up in FL so I called GLICKLE and asked if he would go get it and bring it to me. He jumped right on that😄
    Then Gary and I went and rung it out for a couple hours.(SWEET)
    Guy came up and asked he thought the little wheel in the back was suppose to be on the ground when taxing. Told him no that's just a training wheel 🤔
    Great Event
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Springloaded; 01-22-2017 at 05:15 PM.
    Chuck Kinberger
    Southern Cubs
    Florida Cubcrafter Sales
    Jupiter Fl.
    Pa11890ck@gmail.com
    You can sit at home & hear the News or get out there & be the News

Here is a drop box link. Some nice cars,tractors and planes. Probably 200 people total!
    Supposedly the cabin Waco was the first plane in the air at Peal Harbor.
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mt6nqvmgd...I1NQXSl6a?dl=0
    Chuck Kinberger
    Southern Cubs
    Florida Cubcrafter Sales
    Jupiter Fl.
    Pa11890ck@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Springloaded View Post
    Here is a drop box link. Some nice cars,tractors and planes. Probably 200 people total!
    Supposedly the cabin Waco was the first plane in the air at Peal Harbor.
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mt6nqvmgd...I1NQXSl6a?dl=0
    That turbine amphibious beaver looks great...I'm a sucker for a clean beaver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pete
    ✈️CCK-1865-0078 N9PW
    Severna Park, MD W18

Quote Originally Posted by N867SP View Post
    That turbine amphibious beaver looks great...I'm a sucker for a clean beaver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nicest one I've ever seen was for sale at Greenville this year

Glenn

Yea there cool planes. Customer of mine bought this one few months ago. It was just restored WOW!
    Chuck Kinberger
    Southern Cubs
    Florida Cubcrafter Sales
    Jupiter Fl.
    Pa11890ck@gmail.com

Sebring Expo was this weekend. Got to meet are new NE sale rep Mark. Hes from NY told him as long as he doesn't move down here I would try not to hold it against him. Took him for a quick tour to the east coast at 200'. (Hey Glenn I think he flew back at 100' so there is hope for him)Showed him some of my local strips I play around on.
    Hes alright for a Yankee😄
    Had a few Friends GA,SC,come down. We snuck the XCUB out when Chip wasn't looking gave the keys to some lucky sole and took it and my Carbon Cub looking for some sand bars and Alligators we found plenty of both. Then early next morning happened to be a pancake breakfast 30 miles away so we took a couple Carbon Cubs and a XCUB across the bombing range at or below 100' dodging buzzards and hopping over powerlines to have breakfast. There ended up being 1 S2,3 carbon Cubs,1 Stolen(TERRY) XCUB, 2 CubCrafters PA 18 rebuilds. Great time. The XCUB departed to the N to go check out a island full of exotics creatures and back to Sebring before Chip knew it was missing. 1 Carbon Cub (BILL)went to the south to Lake O he reported 2 white tails,2Gobblers,11 hogs,78 Gators. I think this was his first time at cross country altitude 100-200' he was having fun. Some how I figure he is going to see a lot on his way back to SC. I think everybody had a good time I did!
    Last edited by Springloaded; 01-29-2017 at 09:48 AM.
    Chuck Kinberger
    Southern Cubs
    Florida Cubcrafter Sales
    Jupiter Fl.
    Pa11890ck@gmail.com

Cool Re: New for the East

Sebring Expo was this weekend. Got to meet are new NE sale rep Mark. Hes from NY told him as long as he doesn't move down here I would try not to hold it against him. Took him for a quick tour to the east coast at 200'. (Hey Glenn I think he flew back at 100' so there is hope for him)Showed him some of my local strips I play around on.
    Hes alright for a Yankee😄
    Had a few Friends GA,SC,come down. We snuck the XCUB out when Chip wasn't looking gave the keys to some lucky sole and took it and my Carbon Cub looking for some sand bars and Alligators we found plenty of both. Then early next morning happened to be a pancake breakfast 30 miles away so we took a couple Carbon Cubs and a XCUB across the bombing range at or below 100' dodging buzzards and hopping over powerlines to have breakfast. There ended up being 1 S2,3 carbon Cubs,1 Stolen(TERRY) XCUB, 2 CubCrafters PA 18 rebuilds. Great time. The XCUB departed to the N to go check out a island full of exotics creatures and back to Sebring before Chip knew it was missing. 1 Carbon Cub (BILL)went to the south to Lake O he reported 2 white tails,2Gobblers,11 hogs,78 Gators. I think this was his first time at cross country altitude 100-200' he was having fun. Some how I figure he is going to see a lot on his way back to SC. I think everybody had a good time I did!

Thanks Springloaded! I think. Enjoyed it. Catch ya soon! MK
    Cub Crafters
    Factory Direct New & Used Aircraft Sales
    NorthEast & Great Lakes Region

Ok,I've seen alot of us from the East having to use the general section for our post, so I asked Randy to give us Guys on the East side a place to post are stuff. All he asked was we keep it active. (Thanks Randy) We moved Northest Fun with over 11,000 views that's great keep it up. So if your east of the Mississippi please help us keep this alive and well I know I enjoying seeing,hearing adventures in your cubs. If you have a cool Flyin that's coming up in your area let us know about it.
    Thanks
    Chuck

Thank you Chuck for initiating this. The Northeast and Midwest is ripe with great hidden strips so if you have one, please share. Then be ready for an unannounced Carbon Cub arrivals. We are looking for cool new places and a recent CC prospect at Seabring just shared theirs. NH63 Lets visit them. Thanks Mar K
    Cub Crafters
    Factory Direct New & Used Aircraft Sales
    NorthEast & Great Lakes Region

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Keneston View Post
    Thank you Chuck for initiating this. The Northeast and Midwest is ripe with great hidden strips so if you have one, please share. Then be ready for an unannounced Carbon Cub arrivals. We are looking for cool new places and a recent CC prospect at Seabring just shared theirs. NH63 Lets visit them. Thanks Mar K
    Well after 20+ years of waiting (story almost as long as the wait) the FAA has assigned my little farm strip an identifier. 66VT (Symon) Was told it will be on the next published NY Sectional. In the mean time I'm waiting to see when it hits the GPS data system. 1000'+- all usable. Back door is open bathroom to the right, lab is mouthy until you open the door then lovable. Cub types are all welcome.

VT Glenn 40M

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Keneston View Post
    Please post pictures when you land please

https://skyvector.com/airport/NH63/W...treet-Heliport

https://www.google.com/maps/@42.8667.../data=!3m1!1e3

Beach might be doable 172'

Glenn

Last edited by Cubdriver2; 01-30-2017 at 10:54 AM.