Thread: New for the East

Default Re: New for the East

Jim and Glenn are down from the warmth and comfort of ME and VT. Unfortunately Gorgon got weathered in so didn’t make it down in his new EX3.We went to a pancake breakfast in Arcadia then went by A private strip where Jim keeps his plane then flew south along the west coast to Everglades City for Stone Crabs then stopped by a hunting camp.
    We had 4 CarbonCub SS, 1 S2, 1 FX3, 1 Super Cub,1 J-3 meet up for breakfast then a PA18 and 182 met us in Everglades for lunch.
    Fun day
    Chuck
    Last edited by Springloaded; 01-20-2019 at 04:33 AM.
    Chuck Kinberger
    Southern Cubs
    Florida Cubcrafter Sales
    Jupiter Fl.
    Pa11890ck@gmail.com
    You can sit at home & hear the News or get out there & be the News

Those two can't be trusted together. Most likely scheming to open the new Spud farm/ pheasent hunting ranch. They are getting a jump on the new gun laws and the new facility will use only potatoe guns I suspect, very clever you two.

Glenn

Talking Re: New for the East

Quote Originally Posted by Cubdriver2 View Post
    Those two can't be trusted together. Most likely scheming to open the new Spud farm/ pheasent hunting ranch. They are getting a jump on the new gun laws and the new facility will use only potatoe guns I suspect, very clever you two.

Glenn
    They seem to be a little shady. Jim got to experience some of the native wildlife on the way down guess there was a over enthusiastic young lady in a boat as we flew by. 🤣
    Chuck Kinberger
    Southern Cubs
    Florida Cubcrafter Sales
    Jupiter Fl.
    Pa11890ck@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Springloaded View Post
    They seem to be a little shady. Jim got to experience some of the native wildlife on the way down guess there was a over enthusiastic young lady in a boat as we flew by. 🤣
    You know what they say over on the SC forum "pictures or it didn't happen" on the other hand judging by his smile they both happenedto be hanging in the wind.

Yesterday I got to experience as a passenger what a Carbon Cub will due do in the hands of a master. In all seriousness
    watching from the rear seat while Chuck took off and landed this airplane was shear joy and utter amazement. Conditions varied with winds, terrain and obstacles and while maintaining safe margins he simply made that bird sing, I was absolutely amazed! When I got back last night Judy also sang to me "shut up and go to sleep". It may be weeks before that happens easily again and it will be worth every wide awake moment.
    Thanks again Chuck!IMG_1286.jpg
    Last edited by 40m; 02-11-2019 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 40m View Post
    You know what they say over on the SC forum "pictures or it didn't happen" on the other hand judging by his smile they both happenedto be hanging in the wind.

Yesterday I got to experience as a passenger what a Carbon Cub will due do in the hands of a master. In all seriousness
    watching from the rear seat while Chuck took off and landed this airplane was shear joy and utter amazement. Conditions varied with winds, terrain and obstacles and while maintaining safe margins he simply made that bird sing, I was absolutely amazed! When I got back last night Judy also sang to me "shut up and go to sleep". It may be weeks before that happens easily again and it will be worth every wide awake moment.
    Thanks again Chuck!IMG_1286.jpg
    You did notice he went back home that direction and didn’t follow us🤷
    Chuck Kinberger
    Southern Cubs
    Florida Cubcrafter Sales
    Jupiter Fl.
    Pa11890ck@gmail.com

I should have stressed more that the girl I saw in that backwater spot in the 100000 island region must have been sick with the fishing and decided that the guy coming around the corner in that plane was going to get a show. Also I would not have used the word “young” but impressive none the less

From pancakes in the middle to stone crabs at the bottom we sure were shown a fun day. Great bunch of folks here
    i don’t know about a Cessna or Beechcraft or any other owners agroup, but none are any more hospitable than this Cubcrafters family and the Supercub folks ,Especially Chuck and Karen. Great folks
    and I agree with Glenn it sure is a delight to watch Chuck make that Carbon Cub sing
    jim
    Last edited by Scouter; 01-20-2019 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Springloaded View Post
    You did notice he went back home that direction and didn’t follow us🤷
    I have been alone in FL for two weeks with no housekeeper
    She that must be obeyed on flight south. Had to go do housework not lookup the girl in the swamp

Yesterday, in the rain

Glenn

You missed another one today Chuck, was like a spring day. Jeff's brother had a little gathering at his camp on Black Creek Lake.

Glenn
    Last edited by Cubdriver2; 02-16-2019 at 04:26 PM.