Thread: New for the East

Default Re: New for the East

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I didn't see any damage either. I prefer to have permission to land on someone's property, but that is not always possible. I would guess that everyone on this forum would not knowingly damage crops, and I think we know to respect other people's property and anything on other people property. I live in a area surrounded by farmers that put in thousands of acres of crops. Some.of those fields border my family's property. We don't seem to have a problem with big tired Cubs damaging crops. Maybe that is an out west problem? I can say that no farmer has asked me if I minded having toxic pesticides and other chemicals runoff onto my land and drinking water. The point I make with that statement is you can pretty much take anyone's actions and make it look like they are doing something wrong. Yes, respect can be important.
    All I said was Quit landing on other peoples crops. There are plenty of spots to land. I don't know what is hard about that. For most people that would be a given.

Quote Originally Posted by 40m View Post
    There should be an offset for the free urea that was applied.
    I think the farmer could give them a Carbon Credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubdriver2 View Post
    We go in and out of a bunch of farm fields out here. Pete and I both grew up on farms, Pete on his family farm and me milkng cows on a rented farm. One thing you learn real quick is that other then making hay a Farmer doesn't even drive in his own field between cuttings. The ones we visit we are invited into and we only try to land when we won't do any damage. I think Chuck is a city boy and didn't know any better

Glenn
    Glenn, farmers drive heavy machinery over crops all the time. A good example is wheat and oats, some crop is destroyed during application of herbicides or fertilizer. Also during nitrogen application some corn is destroyed .

I hope chuck will continue to keep us in the loop with pictures and information on what looks to be a interesting trip.
    Last edited by Rudy; 04-30-2018 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Glenn, farmers drive heavy machinery over crops all the time. A good example is wheat and oats, some crop is destroyed during application of herbicides or fertilizer. Also during nitrogen application some corn is destroyed .
    By The Owner. Not some random user. I don't get it. I didn't even go as far as saying to stay off other peoples property, I said stay off their crops. It is only common curtesy. You have no right to be there. Maybe you just want to give all us backcountry drivers a bad reputation. This argument is getting ridiculous. I will say it one more time. There are plenty of places for us to play. Please stay off growing crops. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    By The Owner. Not some random user. I don't get it. I didn't even go as far as saying to stay off other peoples property, I said stay off their crops. It is only common curtesy. You have no right to be there. Maybe you just want to give all us backcountry drivers a bad reputation. This argument is getting ridiculous. I will say it one more time. There are plenty of places for us to play. Please stay off growing crops. Please.
    My last post had nothing to do with you. It was for Glenn.

As you know I’m traveling so limited internet. I happened to be in norton KS at the time we’re i spend 3-4 weeks hunting every year and not only have permission to land in that field, I had also just had lunch with the owner. Between the 5-6 farmers I’m friends with there is about 50000 acres I am more then welcome to land on. They prefer I land in there wheat or alpha fields and enjoy me flying around having fun.
    I have a farm in Ga we put out nitrogen with a tractor so pretty sure my tundra tires didn’t hurt the 50’ of field we used.
    Thanks for your concern
    chuck
    Chuck Kinberger
    Southern Cubs
    Florida Cubcrafter Sales
    Jupiter Fl.
    Pa11890ck@gmail.com
    You can sit at home & hear the News or get out there & be the News

Friends had a cabin said we could stay at South of Glacier MT. So we took him up on it beautiful country.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chuck Kinberger
    Southern Cubs
    Florida Cubcrafter Sales
    Jupiter Fl.
    Pa11890ck@gmail.com

More Pics
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chuck Kinberger
    Southern Cubs
    Florida Cubcrafter Sales
    Jupiter Fl.
    Pa11890ck@gmail.com

Weather little iffy this am. Doing some flight planning and having oil changed in cub and some maintenance.
    Chuck Kinberger
    Southern Cubs
    Florida Cubcrafter Sales
    Jupiter Fl.
    Pa11890ck@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dan L View Post
    Chuck, will you guys be at the CC display in ANC? If so I’ll say hello.

Keep an eye on your pod hinge where it is glued. Mine started to separate and I put in a row of rivets. I noticed it when I pulled my skis last month and think the cold may have been the cause.

I like the forward fuel section.
    That’s the plan, be great to meet you.
    Chuck Kinberger
    Southern Cubs
    Florida Cubcrafter Sales
    Jupiter Fl.
    Pa11890ck@gmail.com