Thread: New for the East

Default Re: New for the East

Quote Originally Posted by Springloaded View Post
    Happy New Year.
    Some fun times in 2017
    Looks like the bar is set pretty high, let’s see if you can top it this year!

Pete Meyer
    Severna Park, MD
    CCK-1865-0078
    ✈️N9PW
    Pete
    ✈️CCK-1865-0078 N9PW
    Severna Park, MD W18

Quote Originally Posted by N867SP View Post
    Looks like the bar is set pretty high, let’s see if you can top it this year!

Pete Meyer
    Severna Park, MD
    CCK-1865-0078
    ✈️N9PW
    I'll be trying. Plan is to fly cub to AK in May so that should be a good start.😀
    Chuck Kinberger
    Southern Cubs
    Florida Cubcrafter Sales
    Jupiter Fl.
    Pa11890ck@gmail.com
    You can sit at home & hear the News or get out there & be the News

Happy New Year.
    Some fun times in 2017
    Great video!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think RED really is THE NEW YELLOW. Mike was kind a enough to let me borrow his plane for a few days. The attention this plane gets is amazing. 2 die Hard yellow pilots are going red on there next bird. In person it just looks like a hot rod. (that things just BA) is usually the first words out of there mouth. Didn’t get a lot of solo time but guys at the RC strip got quite the show Sat. They must of been having a big event they cleared the runway when they saw me. If I can get any video from any of them I’ll forward,my last pass there had to be 75 people standing on the line with there thumbs up and the rest with IPhones.
    Thanks Boomerang Air
    Chuck Kinberger
    Southern Cubs
    Florida Cubcrafter Sales
    Jupiter Fl.
    Pa11890ck@gmail.com

I think RED really is THE NEW YELLOW. Mike was kind a enough to let me borrow his plane for a few days. The attention this plane gets is amazing. 2 die Hard yellow pilots are going red on there next bird. In person it just looks like a hot rod. (that things just BA) is usually the first words out of there mouth. Didn’t get a lot of solo time but guys at the RC strip got quite the show Sat. They must of been having a big event they cleared the runway when they saw me. If I can get any video from any of them I’ll forward,my last pass there had to be 75 people standing on the line with there thumbs up and the rest with IPhones.
    Thanks Boomerang Air
    Nice Chuck!
    You must be in weight training for Valdez, no soup for you?

Bam!!!IMG_6623.JPG

Thanks Boomerang Air
    Mike Sasser
    Boomerang Air
    mike@boomerangair.net

OK,AR,TX,LA
    www.cubcrafters.com

Chuck, I have a new trick you can dazzle them with. Stanley Segalla who did the flying farmer act at Rhinebeck for 40 years would end his act facing the crowd bowing his Pa11 at them. He then with the tail still up back his Cub up with differential braking, left rudder with right brake locked then lock left brake while releasing right brake with right rudder added, right ,left, right, left.....................backing up and then turn 90* and fly away. The trick is just enough power to fly the tail without over powering the brakes. Should be easier with toe brakes?

Glenn
    Last edited by Cubdriver2; 01-23-2018 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubdriver2 View Post
    Chuck, I have a new trick you can dazzle them with. Stanley Segalla who did the flying farmer act at Rhinebeck for 40 years would end his act facing the crowd bowing his Pa11 at them. He then with the tail still up back his Cub up with differential braking, left rudder with right brake locked then lock left brake while releasing right brake with right rudder added, right ,left, right, left.....................backing up and then turn 90* and fly away. The trick is just enough power to fly the tail without over powering the brakes. Should be easier with toe brakes?

Glenn
    OH Boy
    Might want to practice that without the crowd in front of me. Might be above my skill level😀
    Chuck Kinberger
    Southern Cubs
    Florida Cubcrafter Sales
    Jupiter Fl.
    Pa11890ck@gmail.com

It take a bit to get the coordination down. I tried to find a YouTube clip of it but only a second of Stan finishing it at 41:30 in this clip. Funny, while I was looking at this I'm the pilot who brings the Cub to Stan and gets out and hangs on to the tail till he gets away. This was the RC weekend in 02, has some great footage of ORA

https://youtu.be/QjgN6FR_OmE

Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by Cubdriver2 View Post
    It take a bit to get the coordination down.

Glenn
    Hell I got uncoordinated just trying to read it 🤦
    Chuck Kinberger
    Southern Cubs
    Florida Cubcrafter Sales
    Jupiter Fl.
    Pa11890ck@gmail.com