An embarrassment of riches!

Default Re: New for the East

REALLY!!! What JW said!!

Chip Allen

SWT Aviation, Inc.
    Cubcrafters Southeast Sales Center
    Marietta, GA

Well at OSHKOSH last year I had a invitation from Tim Rice our Alaska Dealer. That if I wanted to come to Alaska he would throw me the keys to his CC. My immediate response was careful who you say that to Im the kinda of person who will show up. Since I was at factory breaking in a customers airplane and Valdez STOL was the next weekend And I'm half way there ,I called Tim about coming up. He was all for it. Well I can't thank Tim enough for the hospitality and the keys to his cub. Being around Tim and his friends for a couple days, I have to say there backcountry knowledge and the preparedness for the environment and the unknown was just amazing. I truly am clueless for this type of flying adventures. But I will learn because I will be back and not for just for a few days. My short brief was don't land on any glaciers( they'll never find you). If it's really green it's probably to wet, if rocks look big at 10' there gonna be giant when you land on them. He threw me his SAT phone and keys😄
    Here is some video from the first day.
    Last edited by Springloaded; 05-16-2017 at 04:40 PM.
    Chuck Kinberger
    Southern Cubs
    Florida Cubcrafter Sales
    Jupiter Fl.
    Pa11890ck@gmail.com
    You can sit at home & hear the News or get out there & be the News

Awesome, very nice Chuck, can't wait to try it. I'm heading up to Seldovia for the solstice festival on June 18. Friend has a 90hp J3 I can steal

Glenn
    Last edited by Cubdriver2; 05-16-2017 at 10:58 AM.

Nice Chuck!

Quote Originally Posted by Springloaded View Post
    Well at OSHKOSH last year I had a invitation from Tim Rice our Alaska Dealer. That if I wanted to come to Alaska he would throw me the keys to his CC. My immediate response was careful who you say that to Im the kinda of person who will show up. Since I was at factory breaking in a customers airplane and Valdez STOL was the next weekend And I'm half way there ,I called Tim about coming up. He was all for it. Well I can't thank Tim enough for the hospitality and the keys to his cub. Being around Tim and his friends for a couple days, I have to say there backcountry knowledge and the preparedness for the environment and the unknown was just amazing. I truly am clueless for this type of flying adventures. But I will learn because I will be back and not for just for a few days. My short brief was don't land on any glaciers( they'll never find you). If it's really green it's probably to wet, if rocks look big at 10' there gonna be giant when you land on them. He threw me his SAT phone and keys😄
    Here is some video from the first day.
    That was really nice. Fantastic scenery best seen from a Cub.

I talked to Tim at the show and looked at his display FX2. A very nice clean plane. In fact I don't know if I've ever seen a flying airplane as clean as this one. Jim Richmond was showing me some exciting things on his phone too.

Tim had two things on his FX that caught my eye. One was his nice carbon fiber cargo pod. The other was the Acme Aero shock system. The maker, Eric, was there and explained how strong the system is and its race car pedigree. On my flight from ANC to SEA I sat next to another exhibitor and he told me a well known Alaska professional bush pilot has been putting this system to a rough real world test this summer and has been pleased with the performance.
    Flying Carbon Cub EX #11 since 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Cubdriver2 View Post
    Awesome, very nice Chuck, can't wait to try it. I'm heading up to Seldovia for the solstice festival on June 18. Friend has a 90hp J3 I can steal

Glenn
    Why not fly your own plane there Glenn? You know about the girl from Maine that flew the C150 to the show in 59 hours. 😜
    Flying Carbon Cub EX #11 since 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Dan L View Post
    Why not fly your own plane there Glenn? You know about the girl from Maine that flew the C150 to the show in 59 hours. 😜
    If I had a real job like you guys with 6 to 8 weeks paid vacation I'd leave in the morning.

Glenn