Thread: New for the East

Default Re: New for the East

The FAA gave me my identifier in short order. Two years later I am still not charted on the sectionals. If you are out West come on by 52WT.

Quote Originally Posted by cityrancher View Post
    The FAA gave me my identifier in short order. Two years later I am still not charted on the sectionals. If you are out West come on by 52WT.
    Well I'll let you know if and when and I will should I be passing by.
    Best,
    Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by 40m View Post
    Well after 20+ years of waiting (story almost as long as the wait) the FAA has assigned my little farm strip an identifier. 66VT (Symon) Was told it will be on the next published NY Sectional. In the mean time I'm waiting to see when it hits the GPS data system. 1000'+- all usable. Back door is open bathroom to the right, lab is mouthy until you open the door then lovable. Cub types are all welcome.

VT Glenn 40M
    Hey Glenn
    Just courious why did you register your strip? Never really thought much of registering mine. I heard it was kinda a pain. Some advantages to it?
    Thanks
    Chuck Kinberger
    Southern Cubs
    Florida Cubcrafter Sales
    Jupiter Fl.
    Pa11890ck@gmail.com
    You can sit at home & hear the News or get out there & be the News

Quote Originally Posted by Springloaded View Post
    Hey Glenn
    Just courious why did you register your strip? Never really thought much of registering mine. I heard it was kinda a pain. Some advantages to it?
    Thanks
    In Vermont perhaps as elsewhere the first step is town or municipal approval, this is necessary to be legally recognized preventing any future changes in zoning bylaws or abutter complaints. This approval stays with the property including successors as long as the current owner chooses to operate as such. With local approval in hand the next step is State approval which in Vermont is pretty straight forward. The State is pro airport and will do the leg work in preparation for FAA submittal. Once you receive FAA approval you can request to be shown on the sectional or not however you will receive an identifier which help keep your buddies from landing at your neighbors field. Pros and cons but for me it makes sense. My delay was not normal nor painful really just a consequence of personnel changes at the State resulting in the ball being dropped and each time having to restart the process from the State level.

Thanks Glenn,Good info.
    i had to drop the XCUB off on the way to work. Can't beat the early morning flights.
    Chuck Kinberger
    Southern Cubs
    Florida Cubcrafter Sales
    Jupiter Fl.
    Pa11890ck@gmail.com

Anyone planning to attend the ski-plane fly-in just north of Buffalo at Clarence D51 sat. 2/4/17. I am planning to be there in my CC EX along with about five other cubs.

Rudy

Guy told me if I would fly to Treasure Cay in the Bahamas he'd buy me lunch. Sounded like a good excuse to go somewhere. My good friend said I could take his float plan😄 Winds were howling up at 800' so once we hit the bank it was 100 miles @ 50'. Nice ride there and back. Left at 10am got back home at 5:30 pm.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chuck Kinberger
    Southern Cubs
    Florida Cubcrafter Sales
    Jupiter Fl.
    Pa11890ck@gmail.com

There was a squall line just north of us when we got to treasure. Landing was brutal had a 30mph direct cross wind coming over the trees. Getting are A$$ beat I kept grabbing the cross pipes to keep from hitting my head,I look over and Karen's got her camera going not sure what she was thinking she was gonna get on tape. She really is a trooper!!
    Last edited by Springloaded; 02-19-2017 at 05:10 PM.
    Chuck Kinberger
    Southern Cubs
    Florida Cubcrafter Sales
    Jupiter Fl.
    Pa11890ck@gmail.com

Fun Day!
    Chuck Kinberger
    Southern Cubs
    Florida Cubcrafter Sales
    Jupiter Fl.
    Pa11890ck@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Springloaded View Post
    There was a squall line just north of us when we got to treasure. Landing was brutal had a 30mph direct cross wind coming over the trees. Getting are A$$ beat I kept grabbing the cross pipes to keep from hitting my head,I look over and Karen's got her camera going not sure what she was thinking she was gonna get on tape. She really is a trooper!!
    Looks like fun on amphibs I don't know how you guy fly with a horn, I would have to find some mud dauber colored spray foam to fill that sucker with

Glenn