Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Tru-Trak AP

  1. #11
    Senior Member N867SP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Severna Park, MD
    Posts
    328

    Default Tru-Trak AP

    Quote Originally Posted by lbell View Post
    did you ever get the trutrak to work properly. I'm trying to get mine working during phase 1. trutrak has helped me but I still have issues with the climb and descent. maybe someone can shed some light on the subject.
    Itís passable. Just seems like those servo donít have enough torque to control the aircraft. If it only need small control inputs, such as straight and level flight in relatively smooth air, it does okay. If it has to make large correction in pitch or roll you can hear the servos limiting out on torque and then the clutch breaks free, stick jumps and servo tries to make the correction again.

    Every once in awhile you find some smooth air and it comes in handy.


    Iíve got 260hrs so far on it and that about the best Iíve gotten out of it. 95% of the time Iím enjoying hand flying it, but that other 5% on long cross countries it would be nice to have.

    Might spend some more time trying to solve its issues this winter.

    The support from TruTrak has been good, Iím just too lazy to spend time on the AP. When I have time to work on it, Iíd rather just be flying it, so thatís what I end up doing.


    Pete Meyer
    Severna Park, MD
    CCK-1865-0078
    ✈️N9PW
    Last edited by N867SP; 10-30-2017 at 06:15 PM.
    Pete
    ✈️CCK-1865-0078 N9PW
    Severna Park, MD W18

  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    92

    Default Re: Tru-Trak AP

    Quote Originally Posted by lbell View Post
    did you ever get the trutrak to work properly. I'm trying to get mine working during phase 1. trutrak has helped me but I still have issues with the climb and descent. maybe someone can shed some light on the subject.
    I believe the servo's have plenty of torque. when I first turned mine on it rolled 20 degrees back & forth and climbed and decent @ 500 fpm. I think somewhere there is a setting combination that will work just have to work with it some more.

  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    92

    Default Re: Tru-Trak AP

    Quote Originally Posted by lbell View Post
    did you ever get the trutrak to work properly. I'm trying to get mine working during phase 1. trutrak has helped me but I still have issues with the climb and descent. maybe someone can shed some light on the subject.
    trying to post a picture of my plane. not sure I'm doing it correct
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by lbell; 11-01-2017 at 06:45 AM.

  4. #14
    Senior Member J2cub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Posts
    267

    Default Re: Tru-Trak AP

    Lookin Good Larry!
    Jeffery Baber
    Innovation Aircraft Sales
    (844) ACSALES

  5. #15
    Senior Member Rick Bosshardt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    522

    Default Re: Tru-Trak AP

    Looking great, Larry! Will look forward to seeing you up in Oshkosh with your new plane next summer!


    Rick Bosshardt
    SunCountry Cubs
    CubCrafters Dealer for AZ/NM/UT/CO/southern WY
    www.suncountrycubs.com

  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    92

    Default Re: Tru-Trak AP

    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Bosshardt View Post
    Looking great, Larry! Will look forward to seeing you up in Oshkosh with your new plane next summer!
    Thanks. Looking forward to it. Save me a room.

  7. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    69

    Default Re: Tru-Trak AP

    Quote Originally Posted by lbell View Post
    I believe the servo's have plenty of torque. when I first turned mine on it rolled 20 degrees back & forth and climbed and decent @ 500 fpm. I think somewhere there is a setting combination that will work just have to work with it some more.
    Any updates on settings, performance of the TruTrak AP's?

    Thanks,

    Andrew

  8. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    92

    Default Re: Tru-Trak AP

    Quote Originally Posted by jasimmons View Post
    Any updates on settings, performance of the TruTrak AP's?

    Thanks,

    Andrew
    I haven't found time to go to Springdale to have TT work on mine. It's only 2 hr flight but seems every time I try to schedule a day weather becomes an issue. I've tried all kinds of settings & pitch is still a crap shoot. no matter what I select it might climb or it might descend.
    Larry

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •