Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Ads b question

Default Re: Ads b question

Cool. Sorry it cost as much as it did but I bet it's a good feeling having your airplane already upgraded for the 2020 mandate.

I assume you don't mind soldering a new battery which should be changed at each Condition Inspection.

I don't know if your airplane is a factory built, a kit built, or if it's equipped with the Smartmonitor but if so, I would recommend having the Smartmonitor looked at if it failed to warn you of the voltage condition. When operating properly, the display will be Yellow between 12.5v - 10.8v and will change to Red at 10.7v and below. Always check the B/U system during the preflight run-up to ensure that the engine will continue to run on the B/U system alone. Just flip the B/U system on while you're checking the Right Ignition and observe the Smartmonitor. If all is well, it will enunciate "BACK-UP IN USE" and the engine will continue run smoothly. Switch the B/U system off, key switch to Both, Smartmonitor displays should be all Green.

-Matt Dickey-
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Matt Dickey
    Manager,

Solder was a sure option to get back in the air.

There are some push on clips that are more secure and I intend to examine some and see if I think they will stay put.
    I did not fly the airplane to the shop where the ADS-B equipment was installed and don't know when the clips fell off.
    The tech who did the installation found them. He said they were very loose when pushed back on.
    I would guess that was from several battery installations.
    Even so, I don't like the push on connectors.
    I don't like solder either because you can damage the battery if you are not very careful.
    Last edited by seastar; 02-28-2016 at 07:29 PM.

Good point about soldering to the battery. I hadn't thought about that. Not a bad solution for the time being though.

I am interested in any solutions that are better than the spade type push on connectors. Keep me posted on what you find.

-Matt Dickey-
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Matt Dickey
    Manager,