Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the difference between CC FX and SS?

Default What is the difference between CC FX and SS?

I'm new to CC and am looking to buy one. I was wondering what is the difference between the SS and FX?

Both seem to me to be very similar, yet the FX is factory assisted built and $40,000 more expensive.

I would appreciate any insight into it.

Also, what is the difference between the EX-2 and FX? In terms of flying quality and performance?

Default Re: What is the difference between CC FX and SS?

Boaz
    I just finished a FX build I should be picking it up in the next few weeks. I would be happy to talk to you about my build experience at the Factuory just give me a call. In short the EX-2 and the FX is the same plane. They have bigger tail feathers and some bigger pipes in the baggage area, heavy duty landing gear all for being able to haul the extra weight and they have the new G series flaps and Alerons (which is awsome to fly). You will be able to certify it at either 1320 or 1865 Gross Weight. You will get the factory to assist building your own air plane which I promise will be the experience of a life time. There is a $30k price difference but your getting more than $15k worth of options included with it. The factory closes each station your working at while your there for you and technicians to work strictly on your plane and all your parts you build will have to go threw QA so it will meet all of the factory standards.So there is a substantial loss of productivity at the factory while your there that week. So you get to build your own plane factory assisted,they check all the parts helps assemble it and gives you a 1 year warranty on it all. It's actually a pretty good deal.
    As far as flying the SS compared to Fx. The new flaps and Alerons on the Fx are incredible the control pressure and roll rate are amazing for being on a cub. I'll be back in mid Nov with my new Fx let me know I would be glad to let you fly it!
    Hope that helps.
    Chuck
    Last edited by Springloaded; 10-03-2015 at 04:03 AM.
    Chuck Kinberger
    Southern Cubs
    Florida Cubcrafter Sales
    Jupiter Fl.
    Pa11890ck@gmail.com
    You can sit at home & hear the News or get out there & be the News

Thanks.
    Fo you know where can I fly the CC SS?

Quote Originally Posted by Schwbo View Post
    Thanks.

Fo you know where can I fly the CC SS?
    Boaz
    That's easy we are having a Flyin in a couple of weeks (10/15-18 High Valley Airpark GA87)just north of Alanta so if you can get up there you can get a demo EASY.
    Chip Allen is your sales rep he would be happy to get with you and give you a demo in a SS.
    Shoot me a email with your contact info and I'll make sure we set something up for you.
    Chuck@swtaviation.com

Thanks
    Chuck
    Chuck Kinberger
    Southern Cubs
    Florida Cubcrafter Sales
    Jupiter Fl.
    Pa11890ck@gmail.com
    You can sit at home & hear the News or get out there & be the News

Quote Originally Posted by Springloaded View Post
    Boaz
    That's easy we are having a Flyin in a couple of weeks (10/15-18 High Valley Airpark GA87)just north of Alanta so if you can get up there you can get a demo EASY.
    Chip Allen is your sales rep he would be happy to get with you and give you a demo in a SS.
    Shoot me a email with your contact info and I'll make sure we set something up for you.
    Chuck@swtaviation.com

Thanks
    Chuck
    I just took delivery of a factory new, 2015 Carbon Cub SS. We can fly together most any time that's convenient for you. I'll be displaying at the upcoming AOPA Fly-In in Tullahoma, TN this coming Saturday, Oct. 10th, and we are hosting a fly-in in Suches, GA the following weekend. Give me a call for details at (770) 364-1556, or drop me an e-mail chip@swtaviation.com. Hope to see you sometime soon. Chip Allen.

Chip Allen

SWT Aviation, Inc.
    Cubcrafters Southeast Sales Center
    Marietta, GA

Apples to apples, what is the real weight difference for just the different tail components?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Apples to apples, what is the real weight difference for just the different tail components?
    The real difference in terms of weight is the fuselage and the tail feathers. The FX has a slightly different fuselage with thicker walled steel tubing in places as well as additional tubing in the belly. This is done to support the 1,865lb gross weight on floats. The larger horizontal stabilizer and elevator also add some weight. The FX and EX-2 have the G-Series Flaps and Ailerons as well. They also weigh more than the Carbon Cub SS ailerons and flaps. The G-Series flaps and ailerons are a very nice feature. The ailerons provide crisper, and lighter control forces at a wide range of speeds. The flaps are the first slotted flaps that we have offered on the Carbon Cub from the factory. They are more effective than plain flaps and give you a nice sight picture for slow speed approaches.
    Max Platts
    Builder Assist Program Coordinator
    CubCrafters

Sorry Rich, I hadn't had my first cup of coffee yet.

To answer your question about the tail feathers. They roughly weight about 7.5lbs more than the stock Carbon Cub SS tail feathers.
    Max Platts
    CubCrafters

Max

Okay, so how much more does an FX weigh versus an identically equipped SS?

Rich,

The FX is roughly 40 to 45lbs heavier than a comparably equipped Carbon Cub SS.
    Max Platts
    CubCrafters