Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is the difference between CC FX and SS?

Default Re: What is the difference between CC FX and SS?

Quote Originally Posted by MPlatts View Post
    Rich,

The FX is roughly 40 to 45lbs heavier than a comparably equipped Carbon Cub SS.
    So, if I'm reading and remembering correctly, the original EX was 25 pounds heavier than the Carbon Cub SS. The difference being Top Cub tailfeathers, a few extra fuselage tubes and medium rather than lightweight fabric.

The FX and EX2 are made from the same components, right? And these airplanes are 15 to 20 pounds heavier than the original EX? If I'm following the changes correctly the EX2 has even larger tailfeathers than the EX/Top Cub, that and the change in the flaps and ailerons add the additional weight.
    Flying Carbon Cub EX #11 since 2011

My calculations indicate an FX is only 18-24 pounds heavier than an identically equipped SS.

The weight delta between the standard SS and the EX was just over 25 lbs. A bit of that was in the larger tail feathers, beefier fuselage, but much of the extra weight was in the landing gear (3" extended HD PA-18 gear on the EX, an option on SS).

Now, the EX-2 and FX utilize new tail feathers (+7.5 lbs. between the parts themselves and attachment on the fuselage) and new ailerons and flaps (+9.4 lbs).

+41.9 lbs. over an SS with standard landing gear.
    Last edited by John Whitish; 10-13-2015 at 05:23 PM.